Run time error M6201:MATH-log domain error

by MANJUNATH N M
Tags: domain, error, m6201mathlog, time
Share this thread:
MANJUNATH N M
Dec28-11, 08:50 AM
P: 3
hi all,
i am getting the above problem while executing my fortran program. please help me how to fix it.

thank
MNM
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Fungus deadly to AIDS patients found to grow on trees
Canola genome sequence reveals evolutionary 'love triangle'
Scientists uncover clues to role of magnetism in iron-based superconductors
Mark44
Dec28-11, 12:55 PM
Mentor
P: 21,258
Quote Quote by MANJUNATH N M View Post
hi all,
i am getting the above problem while executing my fortran program. please help me how to fix it.
It would appear that your program is attempting to take the log of a number that is negative or zero.
MANJUNATH N M
Dec29-11, 10:44 PM
Thank you mark44.
But in the program i am taking log of T. see the program attached below.
Attached Files
File Type: txt fort.txt (611 Bytes, 13 views)

Mark44
Dec30-11, 01:00 PM
Mentor
Run time error M6201:MATH-log domain error

For the convenience of other readers, here's your code. As I already said, your program is attempting to take the log of a number that is not positive. There needs to be some code in this function to guard against an attempt to take the log of the parameter T when it is zero or negative.
C**********************************************************************************
		FUNCTION HP(T)
C**********************************************************************************
 	REAL KA,KP,KR,MC,MH,MO,NA,N,NADNAX,NMO,NP,NPO,NX,KRR
	COMMON/CHEM/KA,KP,KR,N(5),NA,NADNAX,NMO,NP,NPO,NX,RMR,KRR,
     #	MC,MH,MO,R,RLITAT,RMIX,Y,YCC,YMIN,PMOLWT
	COMMON/CPCOEF/CV,ACPF,BCPF,ACPA,BCPA,AL(5),AH(5),
     #	BL(5),BH(5),CL(5),CH(5)
	HP=0.
	IF(T.GT.1600.0) GO TO 20
	DO 1 I=1,5
1	HP=HP+N(I)*(AL(I)+BL(I)*T+CL(I)*ALOG(T))
	RETURN
20	DO 3 I=1,5
3	HP=HP+N(I)*(AH(I)+BH(I)*T+CH(I)*ALOG(T))
	RETURN
	END
Mark44
Dec30-11, 03:34 PM
Mentor
Somewhat off topic...
I look at a lot of code samples in many different languages, but the ones in Fortran are usually the worst. They are typically nearly impossible to read with their terse variable names that convey almost no indication of what they're being used for, no or little whitespace, and no indentation to help the reader grasp the extent of loops.
MANJUNATH N M
Mar6-12, 03:13 AM
THANK YOU MARK44, I eliminated log error. but now i am facing one more problem that is "array bound exceeded"
Mark44
Mar6-12, 09:50 AM
Mentor
You haven't declared the variables in your two common blocks. See http://www.obliquity.com/computer/fortran/common.html.

Register to reply