Register to reply

Cosmological models - Evolution of Inhomogenity

Share this thread:
tosv
Mar9-12, 09:55 AM
P: 13
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
I'm working on a project to find evolution equations for a cosmological model, where the following propagations equations are known,
[itex]\dot{\mu}=-\Theta\mu[/itex]
[itex]\dot{\Theta}=-\frac{1}{3}\Theta^{2}-2\sigma^{2}-\frac{1}{2}\mu[/itex]
[itex]\dot{\sigma}_{ab}=-\frac{2}{3}\Theta\sigma_{ab}-\sigma_{c\langle a}\sigma_{b\rangle}^{c}-E_{ab}[/itex]
[itex]\dot{E}_{ab}=-\Theta E_{ab}+3\sigma_{c\langle a}E_{b\rangle}^{c}-\frac{1}{2}\mu\sigma_{ab}[/itex]

Particular spatial gradients are defined as
[itex]D_{a}\equiv a\frac{a\tilde{\nabla}_{a}\mu}{\mu}[/itex]
[itex]Z_{a}\equiv a\tilde{\nabla}_{a}\Theta[/itex]
[itex]T_{a}\equiv a\tilde{\nabla}\sigma^{2}[/itex]

From the traceless part of the 3-Ricci tensor following definition of the auxilary variable are stated,
[itex]S_{a}\equiv a\tilde{\nabla}_{a}\left(\sigma^{bc}S_{bc}\right)[/itex]
where
[itex]S_{bc}=-\frac{1}{3}\Theta\sigma_{bc}+\sigma_{d\langle b}\sigma_{c\rangle}^{d}+E_{bc}[/itex]

My goal is to determine [itex]\dot{S}_{a}[/itex] in terms of known spatial gradients.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
Briefly my attempt at a solution looks like this:
[itex]\dot{S}_{a}=[a\tilde{\nabla}_{a}(\sigma^{bc}S_{bc})]^{\cdot}[/itex]
[itex]=\dot{a}\tilde{\nabla}_{a}(\sigma^{bc}S_{bc})+a[\tilde{\nabla}_{a}(\sigma^{bc}S_{bc})]^{\cdot}[/itex]
[itex]=-\sigma_{a}^{b}S_{b}+a[\tilde{\nabla}_{a}(\sigma^{bc}S_{bc})]^{\cdot}[/itex]
[itex]=-\sigma_{a}^{b}S_{b}+a\tilde{\nabla}_{a}\left(\dot{\sigma}^{bc}S_{bc}+\s igma^{bc}\dot{S}_{bc}\right)[/itex]

[itex]\dot{S}_{bc}=-\frac{1}{3}\left(-\frac{1}{3}\Theta^{2}-2\sigma^{2}-\frac{1}{2}\mu\right)\sigma_{bc}[/itex]
[itex]=\frac{1}{9}\Theta^{2}\sigma_{bc}+\frac{2}{3}σ^{2}\sigma_{bc}-\frac{1}{3}\mu\sigma_{bc}-\frac{2}{3}\Theta S_{bc}+\Theta\sigma_{d\langle b}\sigma_{c\rangle}^{d}+3\sigma_{d\langle b}E_{c\rangle}^{d}+2\dot{\sigma}_{d\langle b}\sigma_{c\rangle}^{d}[/itex]

Here is my problem, I do not know how I can continue to rewrite [itex]\dot{S}_{bc}[/itex], does anyone has any advice?
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Fungus deadly to AIDS patients found to grow on trees
Canola genome sequence reveals evolutionary 'love triangle'
Scientists uncover clues to role of magnetism in iron-based superconductors

Register to reply