Calculating Flux density in DC-DC coil

by hobbs125
Tags: coil, dcdc, density, flux
Share this thread:
hobbs125
Feb2-13, 10:11 PM
P: 102
Hello Everyone.

I am working on a DC-DC converter design which uses a transformer with an additional inductive element on the secondary side. The coil charges a large capacitor.

Since there is an additional inductive element on the secondary side the inductive element builds up a field while the pulse is applied (30kHz 50% duty cycle). When the pulse ends the field collapses and produces another pulse of the same duration (30kHz 50% duty cycle) and polarity since a diode is in series with the coil and capacitor (see attachment)

My question is: How do I calculate the Flux density since there are (2) 30kHz 50% duty cycle pulses....Do I calculate it as if it were a single 100% duty cycle 30kHz pulse? Or does the second pulse not count since it is the field collapsing?

Thanks for the help! It is greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
core bsat.png  
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Hoverbike drone project for air transport takes off
Student develops filter for clean water around the world
Developing the next evolution in underwater communication

Register to reply