|Jun30-03, 12:31 PM||#1|
Basic physics questions- any help appreciated
Hi all! I am new to the forum and I have a few lower level physics problem with which I am confused. Any help and explanations will be immensely appreciated!!!
1) A steel pipeline is 1500 m long and is at a temperature of 30 degrees Celcius. How much shorter will it be if the temperature falls to 10 degrees Celcius?
*I got .36 m.....
2) How much heat is absorbed by 255 g of methanol when it is heated from 10 degrees Celcius to 60 degrees Celcius?
*I got 3.12 x 10^4 J....
3) Calculate the number of kJ of heat energy liberated by 4 kg of steam at 100 degrees when it is condensed, cooled, and changed to ice at 0 degrees.
* I got 1.2 x 10^4 kJ....
4) If the density of mercury is 13.59 x 10^3 kg/m^3 at 20 degrees Celcius, what will its density be at 65 degrees Celcius?
5) In a certain hydraulic lift, the small piston has a radius of 15 cm. The large piston has a radius of 26 cm. A force of 225 N is applied to the small piston. What is the mass of the crate that is being lifted by the application of this 225 N force?
Thank you SO much ahead of time ~
physics news on PhysOrg.com
>> Promising doped zirconia
>> New X-ray method shows how frog embryos could help thwart disease
>> Bringing life into focus
|Jun30-03, 12:35 PM||#2|
Hi Festive, welcome to the forums!
Can you post your calculations, so we can see where you're getting stuck?
|Jun30-03, 07:25 PM||#3|
Don't you need some thermal expansion coefficents of something?
|Similar Threads for: Basic physics questions- any help appreciated|
|Questions on the basic principles of physics.||Introductory Physics Homework||8|
|Basic physics questions||Introductory Physics Homework||6|
|2 Basic Physics Questions||Introductory Physics Homework||3|
|AP Physics Motion Questions.. any help is appreciated.||Introductory Physics Homework||3|
|Two Basic Physics Questions||Classical Physics||15|