Flame War: Show Danger What It's All About!

• Thread starter Smurf
  • Start date
In summary: You're letting those government school indoctrination camps tell you how to think.Never let logic get in the way of a good argument. Note the use of an image rather than words. It avoids the need to use language, something that challenges the average flame-warrior.lol, n00bs!A recent study shows that due to Canada's cold temperatures, guys in Canada often huddle closely together naked. Could Canada be more gay? Probably not, just look at their laws. Also what is up with the prime minister of Canada? Damn corrupt Canadian politicians. Good to see that Canadians know how to vote. How about that war of 1812 Canadians say. Yeah the war
Pengwuino said:
Yah its pretty lame :P

No it isn't! You're lame! :rofl: :biggrin: :biggrin:

ok... that was my flame. pretty lame, eh?

You can't spell flame without lame.

Physics news on Phys.org
motai said:
You can't spell flame without lame.
Sure you can. F I R E. (Not participating; merely making an observation.)

Danger said:
Sure you can. F I R E. (Not participating; merely making an observation.)

I disagree good sir, you are wrong. (see how lame these flames are getting?)

Flame implies that it is a certain portion of the fire, while the fire is the thing in it's entirety. From dictionary.com "The zone of burning gases and fine suspended matter associated with rapid combustion; a hot, glowing mass of burning gas or vapor." for flame, and "A rapid, persistent chemical change that releases heat and light and is accompanied by flame, especially the exothermic oxidation of a combustible substance." for fire.

Fire implies flame, but flame is not the fire.

(sorry for the lame flame proof, but such is the case nowadays. I hope I am not being overly critical, but since this is a flame war I have to put up some sort of fight :smile:)

Pengwuino said:
Yah its pretty lame :P

Seems like the only flaming that goes on a round here is lil, as someone said, 'sniping' from the bushes lol. At my home forum its like something out of Unreal tournament with huge weapons and millions of bullets flying everywhere every second :D

The problem is I think I like all you folks here too much to really let loose.

Oh, wait:
[flame_war_example]Hey, someone get a fire extinguisher! C'mon guys, knock it off.[/flame_war_example]

There's always one person who jumps in and tries to make peace in the middle and somehow thinks their lame attempts to point out that it's a flame war and beg everyone to get along will make it stop.

Evo said:
lame flames? :tongue2:
Yeh, your avatar is the only thing scary right now. :rofl:

motai said:
(sorry for the lame flame proof, but such is the case nowadays. I hope I am not being overly critical, but since this is a flame war I have to put up some sort of fight :smile:)
You are just being very PF.

Moonbear said:
The problem is I think I like all you folks here too much to really let loose.

Oh, wait:
[flame_war_example]Hey, someone get a fire extinguisher! C'mon guys, knock it off.[/flame_war_example]

There's always one person who jumps in and tries to make peace in the middle and somehow thinks their lame attempts to point out that it's a flame war and beg everyone to get along will make it stop.
Look at the illegal immigration thread. :tongue2: :rofl: If I keep goofing around, will I get banned? :uhh:

motai said:
I didn't say that I could spell it correctly. (I love loopholes.)

motai said:
"The zone of burning gases and fine suspended matter associated with rapid combustion; a hot, glowing mass of burning gas or vapor." for flame, and "A rapid, persistent chemical change that releases heat and light and is accompanied by flame, especially the exothermic oxidation of a combustible substance." for fire.

[flame example] Nice description of your butt. :rofl: [/flame example] :biggrin:

Hey, this can be fun. :biggrin:

Smurf said:
Danger doesn't know what a Flame war is, we should all be good friends and show him what it's all about. (That means you Franz)

Here I'll start with some Flamebait:

George Bush is single handedly responsible for bringing down tyrrany in the middle east. People should show us some respect there, we continuously save them from one madman after another and then they kill our loyal, good intentioned, responsible, honest, hard working soldiers and contractors without showing any remorse. They don't deserve our help any more, we should nuke all of the middle east and be done with it.

Hey i resent that you loser nub with no life that works and mcdonalds and doesn't know what a gurl looks like! yeah! [/satirical flaming]

motai said:

Flame implies that it is a certain portion of the fire, while the fire is the thing in it's entirety. From dictionary.com "The zone of burning gases and fine suspended matter associated with rapid combustion; a hot, glowing mass of burning gas or vapor." for flame, and "A rapid, persistent chemical change that releases heat and light and is accompanied by flame, especially the exothermic oxidation of a combustible substance." for fire.

Fire implies flame, but flame is not the fire.

1/10

(Sorry to pick on ya.. just chose anyone from random )

Did anyone drop the 'yo momma' part of a flame war? Oh that's a must-have!

cronxeh said:
Did anyone drop the 'yo momma' part of a flame war? Oh that's a must-have!

Smurf said:
stfu my weiner is twice the size of yours. Your mother told me when I waz banging her last night. Fool.

[/flame] attacking the opponents intelligence and familly (usually mother + sisters) are common components of a flame war
No, i'd say it was adequately covered.

Artman said:
No, i'd say it was adequately covered.

[sampleflame]The only thing adequately covered is your head with your butt, ****head.[/sampleflame]

:rofl: Sorry, I can't do this with a straight face. :rofl:

SOS2008 said:
Look at the illegal immigration thread. :tongue2: :rofl: If I keep goofing around, will I get banned? :uhh:

We all love you SOS :approve: :!) :approve:

Oh wait, this is a flame thread. Hmm... ah hell, what do I care. :wink:

Huckleberry said:
We all love you SOS :approve: :!) :approve:

Oh wait, this is a flame thread. Hmm... ah hell, what do I care. :wink:
Horniness knows no borders... :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Sorry, I can't do this with a straight face.

[SampleFlame] :rofl: Your momma could. :rofl: [/SampleFlame]

Gosh, this is fun. :biggrin:

Danger said:
Horniness knows no borders... :biggrin:

[Sampleflame]I thought it stopped when it got to you. :rofl:[/Sampleflame]

:biggrin:

Artman said:

Kind of like you with humour then? Oh wait, does it count when it turns and runs too?

Artman said:
[SampleFlame] :rofl: Your momma could. :rofl: [/SampleFlame]

Gosh, this is fun. :biggrin:

[sampleflame]at lest my momma still can ur momma is so ulgy she gots to turn off the lites an pull a sheet ovr her hed[/sampleflame]

Here I've used the classic strategy of misspellings, improper grammar, lack of punctuation, and lack of capitalization. You don't want to waste precious time in a flame war worrying about such things as proofreading.

we need more ebonics.

Moonbear said:
[sampleflame]at lest my momma still can ur momma is so ulgy she gots to turn off the lites an pull a sheet ovr her hed[/sampleflame]

Here I've used the classic strategy of misspellings, improper grammar, lack of punctuation, and lack of capitalization. You don't want to waste precious time in a flame war worrying about such things as proofreading.
because if your in a flame war you must be in a hurry somewhere. It's the law.

Artman said:

I really wish that I could think up a clever response to that, but Smurf snagged about the only one available. :frown:

SHAFTED! oh yeah, I'm good

cronxeh said:
we need more ebonics.

Fo'shizzl m'nizzle.

You pansies flame about as well as Sonny Bono skis. In a flame battle with Helen Keller, you'd defy causality as we know it and find a way to lose in negative three seconds. Your niche as a flamer might be better filled if you tuck your piece into a thong and miniskirt, put on some lipstick, and work the corners of Santa Monica Blvd. I'm sure your mothers would be proud to see you joining the family business.

loseyourname said:
You pansies flame about as well as Sonny Bono skis. In a flame battle with Helen Keller, you'd defy causality as we know it and find a way to lose in negative three seconds. Your niche as a flamer might be better filled if you tuck your piece into a thong and miniskirt, put on some lipstick, and work the corners of Santa Monica Blvd. I'm sure your mothers would be proud to see you joining the family business.

[sampleflame]WTF??! You can't have negative seconds moron.[/sampleflame]

loseyourname broke a very important flame war rule. His post was dripping with intellectual sarcasm. It has no impact because it just goes completely over the heads of your average flame warrior. So, I've countered this with the only possible response, calling someone a moron while stating something utterly incorrect. :rofl:

And what does a biology babe know about flaming?
You just prance about like little Goldilocks and are utterly incapable of true rudeness.
Go back and hug your mice instead.

This WAS meant to be a flaming thread?

lol this is also the most analytical flame war I have ever seen... everyone is backing up their assertions with concrete fact and sound evidence to prove their side, only to have it 'shafted' by clever assertions which are themselves backed by evidence. btw I like Moonbear's commentary, fits the atmosphere perfectly. But I still think we should proofread the flames, it makes things more interesting :tongue2:.

The science of flaming... shouldn't this go under thermodynamics?

motai said:
Don't speak above your head, motai.
The very least you ought to have done, were to determine whether flaming is an exothermic or endothermic process.
Since you haven't done so, I presume you can't prove it either way..

loseyourname said:

Because his family tree is genetically XXY challenged loseyourname must attempt to recruit new family members. Do NOT be fooled!

motai said:
lol this is also the most analytical flame war I have ever seen... everyone is backing up their assertions with concrete fact and sound evidence to prove their side, only to have it 'shafted' by clever assertions which are themselves backed by evidence. btw I like Moonbear's commentary, fits the atmosphere perfectly. But I still think we should proofread the flames, it makes things more interesting :tongue2:.

Now we know why there are no large-scale flame wars at PF. None of us are any good at it! :rofl:

Moonbear said:
Now we know why there are no large-scale flame wars at PF. None of us are any good at it! :rofl:

That soldier thread has potential though! :rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
Alas, the bane of the intelligentia has been discovered.

mapper said:
That soldier thread has potential though! :rolleyes:

"You talkin' ta me?"
"Go ahead punk. Make my day."
"The ratio of people to cake... is too big."