Fixing Errors: Save Your Posts on PF

• Bug
  • Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date
In summary, there have been significant errors preventing users from posting/responding to threads or opening others on the platform. This indicates that a reboot of the platform may be necessary. Some posts and threads are not displaying properly, but logging off and back on seems to partially resolve the issue. The problem appears to be resolved for now without the need for a reboot, as users are now able to access previously inaccessible threads.
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2023 Award
It looks like there are some significant errors that are preventing people from posting/responding to threads or opening others.

This probably means that PF needs to be rebooted.

Stand by.

Physics news on Phys.org
Astronuc said:
It looks like there are some significant errors that are preventing people from posting/responding to threads or opening others.

This probably means that PF needs to be rebooted.

Stand by.

Just found your post, Do the post get lost completely or do they just not display?
I had trouble reading Topher925 but it finally showed up, also it seems to be the one topic about the gulf ??

RonL said:
Just found your post, Do the post get lost completely or do they just not display?
I had trouble reading Topher925 but it finally showed up, also it seems to be the one topic about the gulf ??

Some posts/threads are not displayed.

Logging off and back on apparently resolves part of the problem.

Update: Problem seems resolved for now. No reboot necessary.

Last edited:
Seems you are right, Astronuc.
Am able to access threads previously barred to me.

Related to Fixing Errors: Save Your Posts on PF

1. How can I prevent errors from occurring in the first place?

The best way to prevent errors is to thoroughly review your post before saving it. Make sure to double check your spelling, grammar, and any technical information you include. It is also helpful to have someone else read over your post for a fresh perspective.

2. What should I do if I notice an error after I've saved my post?

If you notice an error after saving your post, you can edit it by clicking on the "Edit" button below your post. This will allow you to make any necessary changes and re-save your post with the corrections.

3. Will my saved posts be visible to others?

No, your saved posts are only visible to you. They are not visible to other users on the platform unless you choose to publish them.

4. Can I delete a saved post?

Yes, you can delete a saved post by clicking on the "Delete" button below your post. This will permanently remove the post from your saved list and cannot be undone.

5. Is there a limit to how many posts I can save?

There is no limit to the number of posts you can save on PF. However, it is recommended to only save posts that you plan on publishing or referring back to in the future.