Trouble Posting Thread: Fix It But Not Why

• Thread starter pinball1970
  • Start date
In summary, the individual has been experiencing difficulty posting links and threads on weekends when using their Hudl device instead of a desktop. They have found a temporary solution by closing all other pages, but the problem persists when multiple pages are open. The individual is unsure of the cause, but it may be related to accidentally pressing the 'preview' button while typing. They have also noticed that the issue occurs when replying to threads, not just creating them. Another person suggests that it could be a system resource problem and advises checking the task manager for any unusual activity. The individual thanks the person for their help.
pinball1970
Gold Member
I have had intermittent trouble posting links and threads and have worked out how to fix it but not why it's happening (exactly)

The problem is at weekends when I use my Hudl not desk top.
If I have multiple pages open I get a problem posting.
Everything is normal except I cannot see my curser and when I type nothing happens, the page remains blank.
If I close my other pages the problem goes away.

I just thought I would follow up.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi,
I can create the symptoms you describe if I accidentally pushed the 'preview' button
1638616310745.png
Is that your problem ?

##\ ##

Likes pinball1970
BvU said:
Hi,
I can create the symptoms you describe if I accidentally pushed the 'preview' button View attachment 293560.
Is that your problem ?

##\ ##
Thanks for looking into it.
I tried to reply but couldn't because of the issue!
So it's not just posting a thread it's replying too. I am pretty sure I am not changing any settings by mistake or preview.
Pages open, problem, pages closed problem goes away.
It's nuts!

Sounds like a system resource - what version of Windows & browser?

For Win 10 try:
You can see resource problems by opening the task manager, click on browser process, look at data.
Create the problem then go back to task manager. You will likely see multiple processes in the process tree for the browser - which is okay, unless your browser is eating resources.

• Informative
Likes pinball1970 and Tom.G
jim mcnamara said:
Sounds like a system resource - what version of Windows & browser?

For Win 10 try:
You can see resource problems by opening the task manager, click on browser process, look at data.
Create the problem then go back to task manager. You will likely see multiple processes in the process tree for the browser - which is okay, unless your browser is eating resources.
Thanks Jim

1. Why am I having trouble posting a thread?

There could be a variety of reasons why you are having trouble posting a thread. It could be due to a technical issue with the website or platform you are using, an error in your post content, or a restriction set by the website or forum. It is best to check for any error messages or contact the website's support team for assistance.

2. How can I fix the issue with posting a thread?

The solution to fixing the issue with posting a thread will depend on the specific problem you are facing. Some possible solutions could include checking for any errors in your post, clearing your browser's cache, or contacting the website's support team for assistance. It may also be helpful to try posting from a different device or internet connection to see if the issue persists.

3. Is this a common problem with posting threads?

It is difficult to say whether this is a common problem with posting threads as it can vary depending on the website or platform you are using. However, if you are experiencing trouble posting a thread, it is likely that others have faced similar issues as well. It is best to search for any troubleshooting guides or contact the website's support team for assistance.

4. Can I still post my thread even if I am having trouble?

If you are having trouble posting a thread, it is best to try and resolve the issue before attempting to post again. This will ensure that your thread is successfully posted and visible to others. If you are unable to fix the issue, you can also try reaching out to the website's support team for assistance or posting your thread on a different platform.

5. How long does it usually take to fix the issue with posting a thread?

The time it takes to fix the issue with posting a thread can vary depending on the specific problem and the website's support team. In some cases, it may be a quick fix, while in others, it may take longer to resolve. It is best to contact the website's support team for an estimated time frame or to check for any updates on the issue.