How to Make Delicious Homemade Fruit Juice from Freshly Picked Grapes

• Thread starter JasonRox
  • Start date
In summary: MOREThe cleaning is pretty easy. You have an internal spinning container with a heavy cutter disk in the bottom, so all you have to do is remove the basket and throw it in the dishwasher.
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
What is the difference between concentrate and pure juice?

Also, what about organic concentrated juice?

What's the deal?

Physics news on Phys.org
Concentrate, as the name suggests, has had most of the water removed to be stored more concentrated. Usually, this allows it be frozen for longer storage. It does change the flavor, and I'm not sure, but probably the storage time also leads to some vitamin loss. It's reconstituted with water later (either when packaged into cartons for juice "from concentrate" or you reconstitute it yourself when you buy the little can of concentrate in the freezer section and make it up at home).

Organic just means it comes from fruit raised using organic farming methods.

So, which would you prefer personally Moonbear?

I personally want Pure Juice, but that's really hard to find.

Personally, I prefer pure, fresh juice. It just tastes better. You can find orange juice like that, but for most other juices, you're right, really hard to find. I have a hard enough time finding any other juices that don't have sweeteners added (my favorite to laugh at are the 100% juice, but it's really 10% of whatever juice it's supposed to be and another 90% of apple juice for sweetness, or some such nonsense). So, mostly I just avoid juice entirely, because it is mostly sugar water, and stick with eating whole fruit whenever possible.

It's because you live in USA/Canada.. Here in Europe you can still find plenty of pure juice. But for new years eve we wanted some pineapple juice, and it was almost impossible to find pure. :(

Moonbear said:
Personally, I prefer pure, fresh juice. It just tastes better. You can find orange juice like that, but for most other juices, you're right, really hard to find. I have a hard enough time finding any other juices that don't have sweeteners added (my favorite to laugh at are the 100% juice, but it's really 10% of whatever juice it's supposed to be and another 90% of apple juice for sweetness, or some such nonsense). So, mostly I just avoid juice entirely, because it is mostly sugar water, and stick with eating whole fruit whenever possible.

I found some Pure Pomagrante juice. I'm going to try that out today.

I eat plenty of fruits myself too, but I'm trying to lower my sugar intake. I'm probably pumping insulin 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! I can probably put that guy in the movie Super Size Me to shame when it comes to sugar intake. :redface:

Juice/fruit has a lot of natural sugar in it, that's why it taste sweet.

Juice/fruit has a lot of natural sugar in it, that's why it taste sweet.

Of course, natural sugar (fructose) and refined sugar (sucrose) have distinct chemical compositions, leading to different taste and health properties.

There is a National apple juice brand Martenellis that is based in california.
Their juice is made out of 100% fresh apples, and I find it to be the ultimate apple experience.

One good way to get pure natural juice is to buy a juicer. The downside is that it takes longer to clean up the thing than it does to make the juice.

edward said:
One good way to get pure natural juice is to buy a juicer. The downside is that it takes longer to clean up the thing than it does to make the juice.

No thanks!

I thought about it, but some are freakishly expensive.

JasonRox said:
No thanks!

I thought about it, but some are freakishly expensive.
This one is not freakishly expensive. I actually got ours for less than $60. It was factory refurbished and looked like it was brand new. My wife and I have juiced all kinds of vegetables, fruits, and berries with it, and it spins up so fast that the pulp comes out impressively dry. If you decide to look for one, you may want to tweak your Google terms a bit, since this juicer is actually made by Waring. It is very heavy, built like a tank, and all the metal parts that contact food are stainless steel.

http://www.goodmans.net/item.asp?n=WA-RR6001&k=WA-RR6001&sc=FRGL

Last edited:
turbo-1 said:
This one is not freakishly expensive. I actually got ours for less than $60. It was factory refurbished and looked like it was brand new. My wife and I have juiced all kinds of vegetables, fruits, and berries with it, and it spins up so fast that the pulp comes out impressively dry. If you decide to look for one, you may want to tweak your Google terms a bit, since this juicer is actually made by Waring. It is very heavy, built like a tank, and all the metal parts that contact food re stainless steel.

http://www.goodmans.net/item.asp?n=WA-RR6001&k=WA-RR6001&sc=FRGL

How's the cleaning?

Cleaning is pretty easy. You have an internal spinning container with a heavy cutter disk in the bottom, secured by a spring-loaded clutch knob. Just unscrew the knob, lift out the cutter, and remove the SS basket. Scrape out the pulp, rinse the basket's screen with water and scrub with a brush, if needed.

What to do with bushels of sweet purple grapes growing along our treeline? Well, we have freezer bags full of juice in the freezers to mix with juice from our apples, frozen wild blackberries, strawberries, etc.
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/2917/grapesrw1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is juice?

Juice is a liquid that is extracted from fruits or vegetables. It can also refer to any liquid that is naturally contained in a food, such as the juice in meat or the juice in a coconut.

2. What are the health benefits of drinking juice?

Drinking juice can provide essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to your diet. It can also help with hydration, digestion, and can boost your immune system.

3. Is it better to drink juice or eat whole fruits and vegetables?

While juice can provide some of the same benefits as whole fruits and vegetables, it is generally recommended to eat whole fruits and vegetables as they contain more fiber and less sugar than juice. Juice can be a good addition to a balanced diet, but should not be relied upon as the sole source of fruits and vegetables.

4. Can juice be harmful to your health?

Some juices may contain added sugars, which can contribute to weight gain and other health issues. It is important to read labels and choose juices that are 100% fruit or vegetable juice with no added sugars. Additionally, drinking too much juice can lead to an increase in calorie intake and may contribute to tooth decay.

5. How long does juice last?

The shelf life of juice can vary depending on the type of juice and how it is stored. Freshly squeezed juice typically lasts 2-3 days in the refrigerator, while store-bought juice can last up to 2 weeks. It is important to check the expiration date and consume juice before it goes bad.