What are the common issues with renting from U-Haul and how can they be avoided?

• Thread starter enigma
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation highlights various frustrating and unreliable experiences with the company UHaul. From being placed on hold for extended periods of time, to being given incorrect information and a truck with damaged equipment, the company's customer service and overall quality is called into question. The conversation also mentions alternative options and methods for dealing with the situation, as well as a suggestion to write a negative review and warn others of the company's poor service. In conclusion, the conversation serves as a cautionary tale for anyone considering using UHaul for their moving needs.
physics girl phd said:
Cha-cha (the cat) and I have safely arrived in TN... my stuff is :confused: somewhere in transit :confused:
Glad you made it! When will your belongings arrive?

Physics news on Phys.org
Glad you and Cha-cha made it. Hopefully your furniture will arrive soon. I guess it's better that you arrive before your stuff than the other way around so you have a chance to get in and get keys and have things turned on, and check for anything that needs to be cleaned or fixed before all your stuff buries it. I had the opposite happen on the last move...I had planned to spend a night in a hotel room until my stuff arrived and then spend the first day in town getting all the utilities turned on, and instead, the movers showed up first thing in the morning, and it was just chaos having them carrying things in while I was still trying to deal with people showing up to turn on gas and phones and such (I'm the first tenant in this house, so everything needed an in-person visit to be connected and turned on, nothing could just be transferred to my name).

Hey, it could be worse, you could have rented U-Haul and your stuff would either still be in your old place waiting for your truck rental to finally arrive at the rental place, or you'd be stranded on the side of the road somewhere with a broken-down truck waiting to move all your stuff from one truck to another during rush hour traffic. :biggrin:

Glad to here that you made it alright. Your stuff should catch up with you soon. Hope you and kitty settle into a new and wonderful place.