Zooby, come home we miss you

• Thread starter rhody
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Home
In summary, zoobyshoe last visited us a few weeks ago and shared some of his art with us. He is a very talented artist and a great contributor to the forum. I thought this thread would be a good place for members to share a kind or funny story about zoobyshoe. Even if he doesn't come back, we will have created a permanent living memorial to him.
rhody
Gold Member
This thread is dedicated to a wonderful PF contributor, who still lurks among us, zoobyshoe. He checks in from time to time. I check his profile every couple of weeks, he last visited us toward the end of March. I thought I would share a bit of his art with you, see thumbnail. Needless to say, zoob is a very talented artist and great contributor to this forum. I thought this thread would be appropriate for members who would like to relate a kind or funny story to post it here. Even if he doesn't decide to come back, we will have created a permanent living memorial (ewww, that sounds harsh, only kidding zoob...) to him.

Come back zooby, we all miss you !
Hope you are healthy and well !

Rhody... :biggrin: :devil:

Attachments

• zooby art.JPG
    zooby art.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 476
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know Rhody...I think it's "that season" for Zoobies. You don't want him around here if he's in rut.

LOL lisab!

Zooby come back!

I agree with Lisa, I'm sure its time for him to shore up the shelter, stock up on jellyfish, and put his best shoe forward. Those Zooby females can be a tough sale.

{winks}

Evo said:
Zooby come back!
...any kind of fool could see
There was something in everything about you
Zooby come back, you can blame it all on me
I was wrong, and I just can't live without you.

russ_watters said:
...any kind of fool could see
There was something in everything about you
Zooby come back, you can blame it all on me
I was wrong, and I just can't live without you.

That was really clever Russ... uhh... NOT... :smile:

Speaking of Zoob's friends, where is MIH, GeorginaS, and Lisa!, cmon, share your favorite Zooby story, nothing wrong with a good dogpile every now and then.

Rhody...

rhody said:
Come back zooby, we all miss you !
Hope you are healthy and well !

It's hard when you don't know how a family member is doing.

dlgoff said:
It's hard when you don't know how a family member is doing.

dlgoff,

I got a cryptic message from zoob months ago, something to the effect about getting a real life, didn't quite get it, but the fact that he stops by here on a semi-regular basis says something. He was great at describing issues of the mind and very knowledgeable in neurology in general, and in his own situation.

Here is an example of a memorable thread: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=400140"

Classic zooby...

Rhody... :biggrin:

P.S. zooby, zooby, zooby... maybe a concentrated effort will help... even if he posts once to this thread telling us to stop bugging him and leave him alone, I will consider it a success.

P.P.S. Now where is MIH, GeorginaS, and Lisa! ?

Last edited by a moderator:
rhody said:
I got a cryptic message from zoob months ago, something to the effect about getting a real life, didn't quite get it,...

Now you got me worried. :biggrin:

I guess we got divorced last year, am I allowed to miss him too?:shy:

What a tough crowd... Russ, dlgoff, lisa!... I am glad zooby is so fondly thought of... or so I thought... I asked for a dogpile, I guess I am getting what I wished for...

Rhody... :redface:

May I, monsieur, offer my services without running the risk of intruding? I fear you may not be able to make yourself understood by the worthy ape who presides over the fate of this establishment. In fact, he speaks nothing but Dutch. Unless you authorize me to plead your case, he will not guess that you want gin. There, I dare hope he understood me—that nod must mean that he yields to my arguments. He is taking steps—indeed, he is making haste with prudent deliberation. You are lucky—he didn’t grunt. When he refuses to serve someone he merely grunts. No one insists. Being master of one’s moods is the privilege of the larger animals. Now I shall withdraw, monsieur, happy to have been of help to you. Thank you—I’d accept if I were sure of not being a nuisance. You are too kind. Then I shall bring my glass over beside yours.

Fall, Camus.

waht said:
May I, monsieur, offer my services without running the risk of intruding? I fear you may not be able to make yourself understood by the worthy ape who presides over the fate of this establishment. In fact, he speaks nothing but Dutch. Unless you authorize me to plead your case, he will not guess that you want gin. There, I dare hope he understood me—that nod must mean that he yields to my arguments. He is taking steps—indeed, he is making haste with prudent deliberation. You are lucky—he didn’t grunt. When he refuses to serve someone he merely grunts. No one insists. Being master of one’s moods is the privilege of the larger animals. Now I shall withdraw, monsieur, happy to have been of help to you. Thank you—I’d accept if I were sure of not being a nuisance. You are too kind. Then I shall bring my glass over beside yours.

Fall, Camus.

I got it waht, in short, to paraphrase you, "You are lucky—he didn’t grunt. When he refuses to serve someone he merely grunts." So zooby is grunting in the trees, and only those in the forest close to him are privy to his bellowings. Great, just freaking great...

Rhody... :redface:

We may have to go on a Zooby hunt.

Evo said:
Evo,

A good place to start: http://zoobyshoe.deviantart.com/"

Some awesome art work there...

Rhody... :cool:

Evo said:
OMG a Zooby hunt! I'll bring the spaghetti and ring bologna, its the only proper way to make a Zooby trap...

hypatia said:
OMG a Zooby hunt! I'll bring the spaghetti and ring bologna, its the only proper way to make a Zooby trap...

See? That's why I like the people here; you guys know everything.

Heeeere Zooby, Zooby, Zooby...

The singers here confuse "z" for "sn" and "b" for "d", and this uses the wrong animation. Unless it is about something entirely different.

fuzzyfelt said:
The singers here confuse "z" for "sn" and "b" for "d", and this uses the wrong animation. Unless it is about something entirely different.
OMG, I've been singing this song ever since rhody started this thread!

It is catchy, isn't it? :)

fuzzyfelt said:
It is catchy, isn't it? :)
I've watched the movie dozens of times when my kids were little, except I changed it to snoodle oodle poopy.

I'm at the still watching phase! Scary, I hadn't noticed the gratuitously violent kick away from the toy piano before- I should watch more closely. We invent lyrics too.

I just rattled zooby's cage, another way, we will see if he stops by, even for a flyby... I would consider that a success. He hasn't been seen since the end of march since I started this thread, stubborn little bugger, those zoobies...

Rhody... :redface: :biggrin:

Zooby watch...

Nothing new to report, last visit, still 23 March, but I haven't given up hope.

Rhody... :rolleyes:

Lisa! said:
I guess we got divorced last year, am I allowed to miss him too?:shy:

Hahaa, look what have you done Zshoe! :biggrin:

1. Where did Zooby go?

Zooby ran away from home on Sunday afternoon.

2. Has anyone seen Zooby?

No, Zooby has not been seen since he ran away on Sunday afternoon.

3. What does Zooby look like?

Zooby is a small, brown dog with white spots on his back. He has floppy ears and a curly tail.

4. What should I do if I find Zooby?

If you find Zooby, please contact us immediately. He is wearing a blue collar with a tag that has our contact information.

5. How can I help find Zooby?

You can help find Zooby by sharing his photo on social media and keeping an eye out for him in your neighborhood. You can also contact local animal shelters and veterinarians to see if anyone has brought in a dog matching Zooby's description.