What is the Optimal Design for a DIY Briquetting Press Using Hydraulic Drive?

• Thread starter festivaals
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Drawing
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of creating a briquetting press using stalk material and a simple hydraulic drive mechanism. The necessary force for the pressing cylinder is estimated to be 200000 N, and the person asks for a drawing or construction ideas for the press. They also inquire about the size of the feeding hole. The other person provides a link for a briquetting plant manufacturer, but there is a concern about the size being appropriate for a smaller scale set-up. The size of the desired press is not specified.
festivaals
Hi!
I would like to make briquetting press of stalk material. I think it can be simple mechanism with hydraulic drive. If hydraulic cylinder diameter is 60 mm and circuit pressure of tractor 200 bar force from cylinder can be 56000 N. Necessary force in pressing cylinder is approximately 200000 N. Maybe someone have briquetting press drawing for construction ideas? What is the feeding hole size?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi

I think this link will be helpful for you making briquetting press drawing http://www.chipperanddryer.com/layout-plan-for-briquetting-plant-manufacturer.php

Thanks
Harinder

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a nice link, Harinder, but I have a suspicion that it might not be appropriate. That appears to be a large industrial system, and such things don't usually "scale down" very well.
Festivaals, what size do you want this thing to be? From the dimensions that you mentioned, I was figuring a back-yard or garage sort of set-up.

Related to What is the Optimal Design for a DIY Briquetting Press Using Hydraulic Drive?

1. What is a briquetting press drawing?

A briquetting press drawing is a technical drawing or illustration that shows the design and dimensions of a briquetting press machine. It is typically used by engineers and manufacturers to build or repair briquetting presses.

2. How does a briquetting press drawing help in the manufacturing process?

A briquetting press drawing serves as a blueprint for the production of briquetting presses. It provides detailed information on the machine's design, dimensions, and assembly, helping manufacturers to accurately manufacture the machine and ensure its functionality.

3. What are the key components shown in a briquetting press drawing?

The key components shown in a briquetting press drawing include the frame, hopper, augers, hydraulic system, electrical system, and other mechanical parts. Each component is carefully detailed in the drawing to ensure proper function and compatibility with other parts.

4. Can a briquetting press drawing be customized for specific needs?

Yes, briquetting press drawings can be customized to meet specific needs and requirements. Engineers can modify the design and dimensions to accommodate different materials, production rates, and other specifications as needed.

5. How important is accuracy in a briquetting press drawing?

Accuracy is crucial in a briquetting press drawing as it ensures the proper functioning of the machine. Any errors or discrepancies in the drawing can lead to malfunctioning or even failure of the briquetting press, resulting in production delays and losses.