Where can I find Wheeler and DeWitt's paper on quantum geometrodynamics?

• Thread starter Matterwave
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Paper
In summary, the conversation is about a paper titled "Superspace and the nature of quantum geometrodynamics" written by Wheeler (and DeWitt) in 1968. The speaker is having trouble finding the actual paper online and asks for sources. They mention using Google Scholar to find related papers and books.
Matterwave
Science Advisor
Gold Member
By Wheeler (and DeWitt), it's called "Superspace and the nature of quantum geometrodynamics", 1968. I googled it, but all I found were papers/books that had this paper as a reference...I can't find the paper itself, anyone have some good sources for where these things are? Surely it's online somewhere...

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh, please don't ask me to read or even understand this paper :-)

Thanks! =D

I understand the frustration of not being able to access a specific paper or resource. In this case, it seems that the paper by Wheeler and DeWitt, titled "Superspace and the nature of quantum geometrodynamics" from 1968, is not readily available online. However, there are a few possible ways to access it.

Firstly, you can try checking online databases such as Google Scholar or JSTOR, which may have the paper available for download or purchase. Additionally, some universities and research institutions may have access to the paper through their library systems. If you are a student or affiliated with an institution, you may be able to access it through their library resources.

Another option is to contact the authors directly. Although the paper was published in 1968, it is possible that the authors may still have a copy of it or be able to direct you to a source where it is available.

Lastly, you can try reaching out to other researchers or experts in the field of quantum geometrodynamics. They may have a copy of the paper or be able to point you towards a source where it is available.

In any case, I would recommend being persistent and exploring multiple avenues to access the paper. It may require some effort, but the information contained within the paper may be worth it. Good luck in your search!

What is the best way to search for a specific paper?

The best way to search for a specific paper is to use a combination of search engines, online databases, and library resources. Start by using keywords from the paper's title or author in a general search engine, and then move on to more specific databases like Google Scholar or JSTOR. Additionally, many universities and libraries offer online search tools specifically for academic papers.

What should I do if I can't find the paper I'm looking for?

If you are unable to find a specific paper, there are a few steps you can take. First, double check your search terms and try different variations or synonyms. You can also try reaching out to the author or contacting the journal or publisher directly to request a copy. If the paper is not available online, you may need to visit a physical library or request an interlibrary loan.

How can I access a paper that is behind a paywall?

If you come across a paper that is behind a paywall, there are a few options for accessing it. Many universities and libraries have subscriptions to academic journals, so you can try accessing the paper through their online resources. You can also contact the author or the journal directly to request a copy. Additionally, some websites offer a pay-per-view option for individual papers.

Is there a way to search for papers by a specific author?

Yes, there are several ways to search for papers by a specific author. You can use their name as a keyword in a general search engine, or use a more specific academic search engine like Google Scholar. Many universities and libraries also offer author search tools through their online databases. Additionally, you can search for the author's name in the reference list of another paper they have written.

How do I know if a paper is credible and reliable?

When evaluating the credibility and reliability of a paper, there are a few factors to consider. Look at the author's credentials and affiliations, as well as the journal or publisher the paper was published in. Additionally, check for references and sources cited within the paper and look for any potential biases. It can also be helpful to read reviews or critiques of the paper from other experts in the field.