Register to reply

Double pipe heat exchanger design guide

by peymanj
Tags: design, double, exchanger, heat, pipe
Share this thread:
peymanj
Jul11-14, 01:30 AM
P: 2
hi friends, I am going to program a double pipe heat exchanger designer software and I need to every detail on heat transfer and mechanical design considerations.
I've read some on double pipe heat exchanger on net like this double pipe heat exchanger guide but i need a complete source if exists, I would appreciate if you could introduce some sources to me.
thanks in advance.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Greater safety and security at Europe's train stations
Fingerprints for freight items
On the way to a safe and secure smart home
Greg Bernhardt
Jul29-14, 02:11 PM
Admin
P: 9,575
I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?
billhen
Aug9-14, 06:56 PM
P: 5
I will suggest, with no disrespect intended, that the parameters and variable of practical design software are far to numerous for an individual undertaking. This would include all heat transfer and pressure drop coorelation applicable to shell-and-tube plus an additional array tube/fin geometries not usually associated with S&T. Beyond that the configuration of hairpin section (and the individual shell passes, legs?) among series and parallel piping and effective MTD is another complete overlay. The established major software packages or supportive suppliers limit the practicality of the effort you suggest.

For single phase fluids and isothermal phase change with a finned pipe-in-pipe, open literature and manual (or spreadsheet) calcs will offer you practical assistance.

Register to reply