Interactive fields in QFT - the φ^3 example

In summary, the speaker is looking for resources that discuss the \phi^3 interactive field, as most textbooks only cover the \phi^4 interaction. They have derived point functions and are attempting to renormalize the theory, and are seeking to compare their results with correct ones. They are advised to post their question in a relevant forum for better responses.
PhysiSmo
Does anybody knows a textbook, a paper or any lecture notes that discusses the [tex]\phi^3[/tex] interactive field? I use as main reference Ryder's QFT, which discusses only the [tex]\phi^4[/tex] interaction. And most similar textbooks (like Peskin's, Brown's etc.) do so.

I have derived the point functions and currently trying to renormalize the [tex]\phi^3[/tex] theory, so I'd like to compare my results with the right ones. Thanx!

Physics news on Phys.org
PhysiSmo said:
Does anybody knows a textbook, a paper or any lecture notes that discusses the [tex]\phi^3[/tex] interactive field? I use as main reference Ryder's QFT, which discusses only the [tex]\phi^4[/tex] interaction. And most similar textbooks (like Peskin's, Brown's etc.) do so.

I have derived the point functions and currently trying to renormalize the [tex]\phi^3[/tex] theory, so I'd like to compare my results with the right ones. Thanx!

I would suggest to post this question in the quantum physics board (or even possibly in the Particle Physics board which is not as active but would have more people having done quantum field theory)

1. What is QFT?

QFT stands for Quantum Field Theory. It is a theoretical framework used to describe the behavior of subatomic particles and their interactions through the use of quantum mechanics and special relativity.

2. What are interactive fields in QFT?

Interactive fields in QFT are fields that interact with each other. In contrast, free fields in QFT do not interact and can be treated independently. Interactive fields are essential in understanding the behavior of particles and their interactions.

3. Can you explain the φ^3 example?

The φ^3 example is a simplified model in QFT that describes the interactions between three particles. It involves a field φ (phi) that represents a particle, and the number 3 represents the number of particles involved in the interaction. This example is often used to demonstrate how to calculate Feynman diagrams, which are graphical representations of particle interactions.

4. How do interactive fields in QFT relate to the Standard Model of particle physics?

The Standard Model is a theory that describes the interactions between fundamental particles, such as quarks, leptons, and bosons. These interactions are described through the use of interactive fields in QFT. The Standard Model is a crucial part of QFT and is used to explain many phenomena in particle physics.

5. What are the practical applications of studying interactive fields in QFT?

Studying interactive fields in QFT has many practical applications. For example, it helps us understand the behavior of particles in particle accelerators and nuclear reactors. It also plays a crucial role in fields such as condensed matter physics, where it is used to study the properties of materials. Additionally, QFT has practical applications in the development of new technologies, such as quantum computing.