Why Doesn't Print Screen Capture Images in DOS Fullscreen Mode?

• Thread starter Mr Virtual
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dos Output
In summary, the conversation discusses an issue with capturing screenshots in DOS fullscreen mode. The output in Word appears as text rather than an image and lacks colors. The possibility of getting the same output as in Window mode is also brought up. The suggestion of using alt-prtscr is mentioned as a potential solution.
Mr Virtual
Hi

When I go in Dos fullscreen mode, and press prtScrn, the output I get in Word is not an image. Whatever text was on the screen, appears as a text, and not in any image form. Also, no colours (which were present in the exe file which I ran in dos mode) appeared.

Can't I get the same output in Dos mode as I do in Window mode? Help Please!

Warm regards
Mr V

Computer science news on Phys.org
I've noticed the same problem when I'm watching a DVD on my laptop and then do a print screen and try to paste it somewhere.

In the old days the print screen button would send an image to the printer to be printed, not copied to memory.

Have you tried alt-prtscr ?

I just pasted the dos command box into word with that key combination.

1. How do I get the expected output in DOS?

To get the expected output in DOS, you need to make sure that your commands and syntax are correct. Double check your code and try running it again. If it still doesn't work, try troubleshooting or seeking help from a more experienced user.

2. Why is my code not producing the desired output in DOS?

There could be several reasons why your code is not producing the desired output in DOS. Some common issues include syntax errors, incorrect file paths, and incorrect command usage. Check your code for any mistakes and refer to the DOS documentation for help.

3. How can I troubleshoot for errors in DOS?

To troubleshoot for errors in DOS, you can use the "echo" command to display the output of each step in your code. This will help you identify where the error is occurring and make necessary changes. You can also use the "dir" command to list the files in a directory and verify that your code is accessing the correct files.

4. Can I use variables in DOS to get the expected output?

Yes, you can use variables in DOS to get the expected output. Variables are defined using the "set" command and can store values such as file paths, numbers, or strings. They can be useful for creating dynamic code that can produce different outputs based on user input or other factors.

5. How can I get help with my DOS code?

If you need help with your DOS code, you can consult the DOS documentation, search online forums or communities, or ask for help from a more experienced user. It can also be helpful to break down your code into smaller parts and troubleshoot each step individually to pinpoint where the issue lies.