Find Forces Homework: Solve F1 & F2 Equations

• Thread starter d1343
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forces
In summary, the conversation is about finding the values of F1 and F2 in order to solve the given equations. The equations involve Fx and Fy and it is suggested to use both equations to solve for the unknown values. It is also mentioned that F1 can be expressed in terms of F2 using the given equations.
d1343

Homework Statement

I am given this
I got the equation

bikwo9.jpg

Homework Equations

Fx= 0 = F1 cos (45) + F2 Cos(30) - 500N
F1 .70 + F2 .86 - 500 N

Fy= 0 = F1 Sin (45) - F2 Sin(30)
F1(.70) - F2(.5)

The Attempt at a Solution

how can I find F1 & F2 to Solve
Please
Thank you

I don't know
am I suppose to use Fy equation to find F2 in FX ?

Physics news on Phys.org
d1343 said:
Fx= 0 = F1 cos (45) + F2 Cos(30) - 500N

Fy= 0 = F1 Sin (45) - F2 Sin(30)

Simply use the 2 equations that you have and solve.

You know already from the second equation that F1 = F2*(sin30/sin45)

Substitute in the first equation and solve ...

I would suggest approaching this problem by first reviewing the given equations and making sure they are correct. It appears that there may be some errors in the equations provided. For example, the Fy equation should have a negative sign in front of the F2 term. Once the equations are confirmed to be correct, I would recommend using a system of equations to solve for F1 and F2. This involves setting the equations equal to each other and solving for one variable in terms of the other. Then, using substitution, you can solve for the remaining variable. Alternatively, you can also use the Fx equation to solve for F1 and then plug that value into the Fy equation to solve for F2. It is important to carefully consider the units and make sure they are consistent throughout the calculations. If you are still having trouble, I would suggest seeking help from a teacher or tutor.

What is the purpose of "Find Forces Homework: Solve F1 & F2 Equations"?

The purpose of this homework is to practice solving equations related to forces, specifically F1 and F2 forces.

What is the definition of F1 and F2 forces?

F1 and F2 forces are often used in physics and engineering to represent external forces acting on an object. F1 represents the force acting in the direction of motion, while F2 represents the force acting perpendicular to the direction of motion.

What are the steps to solve F1 and F2 equations?

The steps to solve F1 and F2 equations include identifying all forces acting on the object, breaking them down into their F1 and F2 components, setting up the equations of motion, and solving for the unknown variables.

Why is it important to understand how to solve F1 and F2 equations?

Understanding how to solve F1 and F2 equations is important in understanding the dynamics of objects in motion and can be applied to real-world situations in physics and engineering.

Are there any tips for solving F1 and F2 equations more efficiently?

One tip for solving F1 and F2 equations efficiently is to draw a free body diagram to visually represent all the forces acting on the object. This can help in identifying and breaking down the forces into their F1 and F2 components.