How Does Fuel/Air Ratio Affect Combustion Chamber Temperature in Turbojets?

• Thread starter chippa
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ratio
In summary, the conversation is about a student studying aerospace engineering who needs help finding a chart on combustion chamber temperature rise versus fuel air ratio with chamber inlet temperature as a parameter for an assignment. The suggestion is to search for academic papers or technical reports, use specific keywords on search engines, and reach out to professors or classmates for resources.
chippa
hi, I am studying aerospace engineering in oz, and I am doing an assignment on turbojet engines and I am looking for a chart on Combustion chamber temperature rise versus fuel air ratio with chamber inlet temperature as a parameter but I am having no luck lin finding one can anyone point me in the right direction.

cheers

Physics news on Phys.org
The only thing I can think of off the top of my head relates those parameters is the combustion efficiency. You would need to know that (among a couple of other terms) to calculate the temperature rise.

Hello there! Have you tried searching for academic papers or technical reports on the topic? They often have charts and data on combustion chamber temperature rise and fuel air ratio. You can also try searching for specific keywords on search engines like "combustion chamber temperature rise chart" or "fuel air ratio versus chamber inlet temperature." Additionally, you can reach out to your professors or classmates for any resources they may have. Good luck with your assignment!

1. What is the ideal air/fuel ratio for a turbojet engine?

The ideal air/fuel ratio for a turbojet engine is typically between 15:1 and 18:1. This means that for every 15-18 units of air, there is 1 unit of fuel. This ratio is carefully balanced to ensure optimal combustion and efficient fuel consumption.

2. How does the air/fuel ratio affect the performance of a turbojet engine?

The air/fuel ratio has a direct impact on the performance of a turbojet engine. A higher ratio, meaning more air compared to fuel, can result in a more powerful and efficient engine. On the other hand, a lower ratio can lead to incomplete combustion and decreased performance.

3. How is the air/fuel ratio controlled in a turbojet engine?

The air/fuel ratio in a turbojet engine is controlled by adjusting the fuel flow into the engine. This is typically done through a fuel control system, which monitors various factors such as air pressure, temperature, and engine speed to determine the appropriate amount of fuel to be injected.

4. What happens if the air/fuel ratio is too high in a turbojet engine?

If the air/fuel ratio is too high, meaning there is too much air compared to fuel, the engine may experience a phenomenon known as "lean blowout." This is when the fuel-air mixture does not ignite properly, resulting in a loss of thrust and potential damage to the engine.

5. How does the altitude affect the air/fuel ratio in a turbojet engine?

The air/fuel ratio is affected by altitude in a turbojet engine due to changes in air density. As altitude increases, the air becomes less dense, meaning there is less oxygen available for combustion. This requires the air/fuel ratio to be adjusted to maintain optimal performance of the engine.