Physics Olympiad US physics team qualifying exam

In summary: I'm sorry, I don't know who that is.In summary, there may be a place to find the qualifying exam questions from the past years for practice, but I'm not sure where. There are books with collections of Olympiad questions, but I'm not sure if they are actually olympiad questions. There may be a website where a lot of physics problems are stored, but I'm not sure which one.
chuxingli
Is there a place i could find the qualifying exam questions from the past years for practice?

Physics news on Phys.org
I believe there are several books with collections of Olympiad questions. Check out www.amazon.com[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
are those actually olympiad questions? i saw opne at amazon and its called International Physics Olympiad. I'm just looking for the qualiofying exam questions (this is the exam where the top 200 scorers become semi finalists).

I can't say since I haven't actually read one.

is there a website where a lot of physics problems are stored? just in general,
not necesscerily, but preferably from the olympiad qualifying exam?

The BAUPC exam is similar: http://liquids.deas.harvard.edu/oleg/competition/prev.html"

And IPhO problems: http://www.jyu.fi/tdk/kastdk/olympiads/problems.html"

Have fun.

what about specifically olympiad qualifying questions?

This link leads you to the USAPhO
http://www.compadre.org/psrc/evals/olympiad.cfm .

oh, great, thanks. is there a link to the solutions as well?

Solutions to the qualifier exams are released to the teachers who proctor and grade them, but not released online. Solutions to the Semi-finalist test are released only to students who qualified and took the test.

there books onsale in amazon, collections of olympad problems

chuxingli - I don't know if you are still using this forum - but you asked about the Physics exams and answer keys awhile back, and I have a family member in the same position. High schooler (very young) took the qualifying test today and did very poorly but is extremely gifted, and can do much better with practice. On line we found the qualifying test from 2008 but no answer key. If you (or ANYONE??) else reading this has any past tests and/or ans. keys or solution keys to ANY past year's Physic's Teams tests of any kind, can you pls send the link? Or I can send you my email address if you can send them to me. Thanks!

Does stephen hawking participate in this?

Related to Physics Olympiad US physics team qualifying exam

What is the "Physics Olympiad US physics team qualifying exam"?

The Physics Olympiad US physics team qualifying exam is a rigorous exam designed to select the top high school students in physics in the United States. It is used to determine the members of the US team that will compete in the International Physics Olympiad.

Who can take the Physics Olympiad US physics team qualifying exam?

Any high school student who is a US citizen or permanent resident can take the exam. The student must also be enrolled in high school at the time of the exam and be 20 years old or younger. Students can register through their school or as an individual.

What topics are covered on the Physics Olympiad US physics team qualifying exam?

The exam covers a variety of topics in physics including mechanics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, optics, and modern physics. It also includes some challenging theoretical and experimental problems that test students' problem-solving skills.

How is the Physics Olympiad US physics team qualifying exam scored?

The exam is scored on a scale of 0-100 points. Each question is worth a certain number of points, with more difficult questions being worth more points. The total score is then used to rank the students and determine the top scorers who will make up the US team.

What are the benefits of taking the Physics Olympiad US physics team qualifying exam?

Aside from the opportunity to be a part of the US team and compete in the International Physics Olympiad, taking the exam can also help students develop their problem-solving skills, improve their understanding of physics, and stand out in college applications. It can also open up opportunities for scholarships and internships in the field of physics.