Has Morgan Spurlock Found Osama Bin Laden?

• Thread starter PlasmaSphere
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Bin
In summary, Morgan Spurlock has completed his new movie, "Where in the World is Osama Bin Laden?", in which he attempts to find the elusive terrorist leader. The film has gained popularity due to rumors that Spurlock actually found Bin Laden. However, the film's director of photography has stated that Spurlock "definitely got the holy grail," implying that he may have met with Bin Laden but not necessarily found him. The film is set to debut at the Sundance Film Festival, but it is unclear if press credentials have been granted. If Spurlock did indeed find Bin Laden, it would be embarrassing for both the US government and President Bush. However, some speculate that the film may just be a clever marketing
PlasmaSphere
make of this what you will, if its true, then i'll be absolutely amazed!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Has-Morgan-Spurlock-Found-Osama-Bin-Laden-7091.html

His next project is by far, his riskiest yet. Spurlock has finished his new movie Where in the World is Osama Bin Laden?, in which he sets out to do what the United States government has apparently failed to do: Find Osama Bin Laden. The Weinstein Company bought the thing after seeing only 15 minutes of it at the Berlin Film Festival, and here’s where it gets really interesting. Rumor has it that Spurlock actually found Osama Bin Laden.

The film’s director of photography told SlashFilm that Morgan “definitely got the holy grail.” Since the movie is about him hunting Osama, that would make him the holy grail… wouldn’t it? For now though, everyone around the production is keeping things locked down.

The film is supposed to debut in Park City at Sundance this year, and since tomorrow is the deadline for them to notify people who have received press credentials and I still haven’t heard anything, I guess I won’t be able to report back on it. I’m sure someone more important than us will. Whenever we all finally get around to seeing it, I can’t even begin to imagine the media madness this film will unleash if Morgan Spurlock actually found and hung out with Osama Bin Laden. It instantly raises a lot of important questions like... if mustachioed Morgan Spurlock can find him, don’t you have to assume the US government isn’t even trying?

If he has, that would be the most embaressing thing ever for Bush! also i would imagine that Bin Laden would actually want this to happen, as it would make the US look like utter fools.

What do you think is more likely a reason for this being so popular so quickly with the companies that have seen it? maybe he has actually found something important out, even if he did not really 'find' bin laden.

Physics news on Phys.org
PlasmaSphere said:
If he has, that would be the most embaressing thing ever for Bush! also i would imagine that Bin Laden would actually want this to happen, as it would make the US look like utter fools.
No, obviously Bin Laden can make contact with people he wishes to, that's entirely different from him being "found".

What do you think is more likely a reason for this being so popular so quickly with the companies that have seen it? maybe he has actually found something important out, even if he did not really 'find' bin laden.
The fact that a fool and his money are soon parted? The money making appeal of it, I would assume.

No idea what has made it so popular so quickly but I doubt he found bin laden considering Bin Laden has a $25 million price tag on his head. If I'd found him I would have scrapped the film called in the authorities and collected my winnings.

Kurdt said:
No idea what has made it so popular so quickly but I doubt he found bin laden considering Bin Laden has a $25 million price tag on his head. If I'd found him I would have scrapped the film called in the authorities and collected my winnings.
You've got to wonder how long the person collecting the reward will live. :uhh:

I found him once, but then I lost him again. :frown:

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/C/K/osama_wherewaldo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Heheh, I found him.

What if that's the big secret? He can show that he was found pretty quickly but let go because some peckerhead in DC thought it would be good for a more long-term political gain. Someone to demonize and scare citizens to make them easier to manipulate would be rather tempting in a purely machiavellon political view-point.

Evo said:
Heheh, I found him.

Here you go...
santabill_2001.jpg
...just print this 50 times.

robphy said:
Here you go...
santabill_2001.jpg
...just print this 50 times.
:rofl:

Evo said:
Heheh, I found him.

Na - you didn't. He's the big fuzzy brown one next to the girl spewing hearts into the air. Betcha thought it was the guy inside the quoits circle. Fuzzy brown is just a disguise that only us martians can see through. :ugh:

jim mcnamara said:
Na - you didn't. He's the big fuzzy brown one next to the girl spewing hearts into the air. Betcha thought it was the guy inside the quoits circle. Fuzzy brown is just a disguise that only us martians can see through. :ugh:

Eh, sorry. That was actually Mohammed.

Mallignamius said:
Eh, sorry. That was actually Mohammed.

:rofl: careful, the sudanese govenment might come an get you now :rofl:

Evo said:
Heheh, I found him.
He's not the naked clown on the pogo stick in the lower right corner, is he?

I'm sure he didn't find Osama, or else they'd be advertising that he did. Since he didn't, all they can do is keep the content a secret and hope people will be lured in by the intrigue just to find out he never found anything.

Kurdt said:

i don't think its out of the realm of possibility that he could have met osama but obviously osama is going to take safety precautions so as not to get cruise missled after they leave. they might not have know where they met osama.

they could have been screened for bugs or tracking devices and worn a blindfold for a day or two and the next thing they see is osama handing them a camera to film with.

if they have in fact met osama after trying to find him then that would make bush and/or the CIA look quite bad. mostly it would be bush though, since a lot of people would find it hard to believe that the CIA can't be more resourceful then some guy trying to get material for a movie unless bush told them to forget about the whole manhunt thing.

jim mcnamara said:

Huckleberry said:
He's not the naked clown on the pogo stick in the lower right corner, is he?

Wrong and wrong. He's the guy peeking out of the port-a-potty.

Hey, good eyes. He could still be a naked clown on a pogo stick though.

1. Where did Morgan Spurlock search for Osama Bin Laden?

Morgan Spurlock searched for Osama Bin Laden in various locations in Pakistan, including the cities of Islamabad, Peshawar, and Abbottabad.

2. Did Morgan Spurlock actually find Osama Bin Laden?

No, Morgan Spurlock did not actually find Osama Bin Laden. The title of his documentary, "Where in the World is Osama Bin Laden?", was meant to be a metaphor for exploring the root causes of terrorism.

3. What methods did Morgan Spurlock use in his search for Osama Bin Laden?

Morgan Spurlock used various methods in his search, including interviewing locals, meeting with government officials, and visiting areas where Bin Laden was rumored to have been hiding.

4. Was Morgan Spurlock in any danger during his search for Osama Bin Laden?

Yes, Morgan Spurlock was in some danger during his search. He had to navigate through potentially dangerous areas in Pakistan and also faced backlash from some people who saw him as a spy or a threat.

5. What was the purpose of Morgan Spurlock's search for Osama Bin Laden?

The purpose of Morgan Spurlock's search was to shed light on the complex issues surrounding terrorism and to encourage people to have open and honest conversations about it.