Where can I find a solutions manual for Engineering Mechanics: Dynamics?

In summary, the conversation is about a student struggling in Dynamics and looking for a solutions manual to study for an upcoming exam. They mention using a solutions manual in the past for a previous mechanics course, but are unable to find one for their current textbook. The conversation ends with the understanding that solution manuals are not available to students and the thread is locked.
Bradracer18
Hey guys! I took mechanics last year, and did fairly well...A-. But, we had a solutions manual/file that a friend had, so we could study on the weekends a lot for upcoming exams.

We are struggling in Dynamics, and need to begin studying for the first exam(in 2 weeks). So, my question is, does anyone know of a place I can get solutions or manuals. The actual book doesn't list any websites or anything...and my poor web searching abilities don't seem to work either.

The book is Engineering Mechanics: Dynamics(2nd edition) by William Riley and Leroy Sturges.

Thanks guys, any help would be great! We just like to run through a TON of problems to get ourselves ready, and its nearly impossible with solutions(and is even nicer, if its worked out too...so we can learn from our mistakes).

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't see the harm in solution manuals, I find them very handy but, if they aren't listed that means they aren't available unless your a professor.

So you can obtain them but not in a legit way so no one is going to help you here I'm guessing.

Requests for solution manuals for textbooks are not allowed on the PF. Solution manuals are for instructors, NOT for students.

Thread locked.

1. What is a solutions manual for dynamics?

A solutions manual for dynamics is a comprehensive guide that contains step-by-step solutions to all the problems and exercises in a dynamics textbook. It is designed to help students understand and master the concepts and principles of dynamics by providing a detailed explanation of the solutions to the problems.

2. How do I use a solutions manual for dynamics?

To use a solutions manual for dynamics, you can refer to it while solving problems and exercises from your dynamics textbook. First, attempt to solve the problem on your own, and then compare your solution with the one provided in the solutions manual. This will help you identify any mistakes and understand the correct approach to solving the problem.

3. Is a solutions manual for dynamics legal to use?

Yes, a solutions manual for dynamics is legal to use. It is meant to be a supplement to the textbook and is not intended to replace the learning process. It is important to use it responsibly and only as a study aid to help you improve your understanding of the subject.

4. Can a solutions manual for dynamics be used for cheating?

No, a solutions manual for dynamics should not be used for cheating. Using it to copy solutions without understanding the concepts will not help you in the long run and can lead to academic dishonesty. It is important to use the solutions manual as a learning tool and not as a shortcut to completing assignments or exams.

5. Is a solutions manual for dynamics available for all textbooks?

No, solutions manuals for dynamics are usually specific to a particular textbook. Different editions of a textbook may also have different solutions manuals. It is important to make sure you have the correct solutions manual for your textbook and edition to avoid any discrepancies in the solutions.