Drawing Feynman Graphs for D→KK Meson - Need Help!

In summary, JaxoDraw is an easy-to-use program for creating diagrams of particle decays. It is available for Windows and can be downloaded from the website.
ballestic2001
Hi there, I need to draw the Feynman graphs for D→KK meson . I would be appreciate if anyone can help me.

Thank you so much.

Physics news on Phys.org
Get JaxoDraw from : http://jaxodraw.sourceforge.net/

If you have a java runtime environment it should work(you probably have java). If not find a JRE.

The only tricky part comes when you want to put labels in. Then you need a TeX installation like MikTeX, and to set it up properly and export it.
But if you just want diagrams and the ability to draw them, and to export them as say a .bmp or .jpg or .eps (and then edit them elsewhere to add the labels), then JaxoDraw is the easiest imho.

There are others though and maybe someone else will inform you, I just don't have the expertise.

If you just need that one diagram, every image editing program will do the job.

Are you asking how to find the diagram, or how to make a nice computer picture of the existing diagram?

thanks for your help, do you know how many graphs does the decay of D→KK meson have? i would be grateful if you know a source which i can find more information about decay of D→KK meson graph.

ballestic2001 said:
thanks for your help, do you know how many graphs does the decay of D→KK meson have? i would be grateful if you know a source which i can find more information about decay of D→KK meson graph.
Assuming you mean ##D^0 \to K^+ K^-##, there is just one dominant (tree-level) diagram. If you mean something different, please be more specific.

Feynman diagrams of D meson decays follow the general rules of Feynman diagrams, there is no need for something specific for this decay process.

yes indeed without knowing the D meson, you have to write several diagrams (=for D0, D+,D- or Ds's ) of course some of them can't occur (GIM suppressed) or can occur in higher than tree level diagrams.

Last edited:
Where I can find more information about D 0 →K+ K−? I am studying the Decay rate in QCD factorization so need more sources.

1. What are Feynman graphs and why are they important in particle physics?

Feynman graphs are visual representations of particle interactions in quantum field theory. They show the possible paths that particles can take in a specific process and are used to calculate the probability of that process occurring. They are important because they allow us to understand and predict the behavior of subatomic particles, which is crucial in the field of particle physics.

2. How do I draw Feynman graphs for a D→KK meson process?

To draw Feynman graphs for a D→KK meson process, you will need to first identify the initial and final particles involved in the process. In this case, the initial particle is a D meson and the final particles are two K mesons. Then, you will need to determine the possible interactions between these particles, such as an exchange of a gluon or a W boson. Finally, you can use Feynman rules to construct the corresponding Feynman graphs.

3. What are the key elements of a Feynman graph?

The key elements of a Feynman graph include the particles and their corresponding antiparticles, the lines representing the interactions between these particles, and the vertices where these interactions take place. Additionally, the direction of the arrows on the lines indicate the direction of time and the probability of the interaction occurring is represented by the length of the line.

4. Can I use software to draw Feynman graphs?

Yes, there are several software programs available that can help you draw Feynman graphs, such as Jaxodraw, FeynCalc, and TikZ-Feynman. These programs allow you to easily construct and manipulate Feynman graphs, making the process more efficient and accurate.

5. How can Feynman graphs be used in experimental particle physics?

Feynman graphs can be used in experimental particle physics to compare theoretical predictions with experimental data. By analyzing the Feynman graphs, researchers can make predictions about the outcomes of particle interactions and then compare them to the results obtained from experiments. This allows for a better understanding of the underlying physics and can also help identify new particles or interactions.