Does anyone can answer my questions?

• Thread starter mayurr12
  • Start date
In summary, if the position of a star in the elliptical orbit of a planet changes from one focus to another, the orbital dynamics will be affected. This change can occur at any point in the planet's orbit and will result in a change in the star's mass. The direction of revolution of the planet will remain the same, but the dynamics of the orbit will be altered depending on where the change occurs. For example, if the star is moved from periapsis to apoapsis, the planet will experience a change in its dynamics. The same would occur if the star is moved from apoapsis to periapsis. This change is instantaneous and does not occur over a period of time.
mayurr12
if a planet revolves around a star in an ellipticle orbit and the position of star changes from one focus of ellipse to another then what happens to the angular velocity of planet(direction, sense of revolution )

Physics news on Phys.org
Is the change instantaneous or over a period of time?

Switching the stars mass from one focus to the other would certainly change the orbital dynamics, depending on when the change occurred.

The direction of revolution would not change, but the dynamics have to change, e.g. if the planet was in periapsis (or perihelion) and the star was moved to the other focus (toward apoapsis), then the planet would necessarily do what? Similarly, what if the planet was at apoapsis and the star move to the other focus?

I cannot provide a definitive answer without more information and context. However, I can offer some insights and considerations that may help in understanding the situation.

Firstly, the angular velocity of a planet refers to the rate at which it rotates or revolves around its axis. This is typically measured in degrees per unit of time, such as degrees per day or degrees per year. Therefore, the angular velocity of a planet would not be affected by the position of the star in its orbit.

However, the orbital velocity of the planet around the star may be affected by the changing position of the star. Orbital velocity refers to the speed at which a planet moves around its star in its elliptical orbit. As the star moves from one focus of the ellipse to the other, the distance between the star and the planet will change, which can impact the orbital velocity of the planet.

In terms of direction and sense of revolution, these are also influenced by the position of the star in the orbit. The direction of revolution refers to the direction in which the planet moves around the star, while the sense of revolution refers to the orientation of the planet's orbit in relation to the star's position. Both of these factors can change as the position of the star shifts within the orbit.

Overall, the changing position of the star within the elliptical orbit can have various effects on the planet's orbital dynamics, including its orbital velocity, direction, and sense of revolution. However, the specifics of these changes would depend on the specific characteristics of the planet and its orbit, as well as the properties of the star.

1. What is the purpose of asking for someone to answer my questions?

The purpose of asking for someone to answer your questions is to gain a better understanding of a topic or to receive help with a problem you are facing. It allows you to gather information and insights from others who may have more knowledge or experience in the subject.

2. Is it appropriate to ask for others to answer my questions?

Yes, it is completely appropriate to ask for others to answer your questions. In fact, it is encouraged as it promotes learning and collaboration.

3. How can I ensure that someone will answer my questions?

To increase the chances of getting your questions answered, make sure to provide enough detail and context in your question. This will make it easier for others to understand and provide a helpful response. You can also try reaching out to specific individuals or groups who may have expertise in the subject.

4. Can I expect immediate answers to my questions?

While it is possible to receive immediate answers to your questions, it is not always guaranteed. It depends on the availability and willingness of others to respond. Be patient and give people time to provide a thoughtful and helpful response.

5. What should I do if no one is able to answer my questions?

If no one is able to answer your questions, try rephrasing or providing more information to make it clearer. You can also try seeking answers from different sources or consulting with a professional in the field. Remember, not all questions have easy answers, so don't be discouraged if you don't receive a response right away.