How Do You Apply the Midpoint Rule for Riemann Integration?

• Thread starter blank09
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is trying to solve a problem and has a specific approach to addressing it. They have also researched previous studies and research on the topic to inform their approach. Solving this problem will have a significant impact on the scientific community and society as a whole. Some challenges or obstacles they have faced while solving this problem include [insert challenges/obstacles here].
blank09
I am having troubles doing the midpoint rule.. i guess I just need a step by step explanation. for instance

n=3 a=1 b=3 x^2 dx

approximate

Physics news on Phys.org
Riemann integration for x^2 on the interval (1,3)? Divide your interval into 3 equal sections, determine the middle of each section. Sum the area of the rectangles generated by the height determined by the value of x^2 at the midpoint and the appropriate base.

Really now, this is probably in your textbook.

Related to How Do You Apply the Midpoint Rule for Riemann Integration?

1. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?

The problem I am trying to solve is [insert problem here].

2. What is your approach to solving this problem?

My approach to solving this problem involves [insert approach here].

3. What previous research or studies have you looked at to help solve this problem?

I have looked at various previous research and studies on [insert topic here] to help inform my approach to solving this problem.

4. How will solving this problem impact the scientific community or society as a whole?

Solving this problem will have a significant impact on the scientific community and society as a whole by [insert impact here].

5. What challenges or obstacles have you faced while solving this problem?

Some challenges or obstacles I have faced while solving this problem include [insert challenges/obstacles here].