My friend let me play with his dead body

• Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Body
In summary: Death is still pretty gross no matter what you do. It actually didn't bother me at all. The only thing was the smell. Never before have I been around so much death, there were probably 50 bodies in there. The body's torso was completely skinned and the rib cage was neatly cut so that you could basically flip it up like a car hood and examine the upper organs. It actually did remind me of the dissections I did on the fetal pigs and on a cat, so anyone who says that you can use a computer program to learn anatomy instead of working with a real dead animal are really full of crap. The brain was completely taken out since it doesn't preserve well. It was
gravenewworld
My best friend who is currently in medical school took me to see his body last night. What an experience! I was surprised how actually tough the human heart feels. Solid muscle. If they ever wanted to make the PERFECT pillow they would make them out of human lungs.

Physics news on Phys.org
He took you to see his body? Must have been the cadaver..I hope

Zenparticle said:
He took you to see his body? Must have been the cadaver..I hope

:rofl:

gravenewworld said:
If they ever wanted to make the PERFECT pillow they would make them out of human lungs.

Now that's one that never occurred to me!

One night while studying at the hospital I found myself sitting alone in a room with a dead guy. That alone was a very strange experience. I can hardly imagine cutting into a cadaver.

Ivan Seeking said:
Now that's one that never occurred to me!

One night while studying at the hospital I found myself sitting alone in a room with a dead guy. That alone was a very strange experience. I can hardly imagine cutting into a cadaver.

It actually didn't bother me at all. The only thing was the smell. Never before have I been around so much death, there were probably 50 bodies in there. The body's torso was completely skinned and the rib cage was neatly cut so that you could basically flip it up like a car hood and examine the upper organs. It actually did remind me of the dissections I did on the fetal pigs and on a cat, so anyone who says that you can use a computer program to learn anatomy instead of working with a real dead animal are really full of crap. The brain was completely taken out since it doesn't preserve well. It was kind of weird looking into an empty skull cavity of a dead person and being able to look through the eyes.

Ivan Seeking said:
One night while studying at the hospital I found myself sitting alone in a room with a dead guy. That alone was a very strange experience.
A strange experience? Ahh, the niceties of today's American life.

1. What is the purpose of playing with a dead body?

Playing with a dead body is not only disrespectful, but it also poses health risks. It is important to treat the deceased with dignity and to follow proper protocols for handling a dead body.

2. Is it legal to play with a dead body?

No, it is not legal to play with a dead body. This is considered desecration of a corpse and is a criminal offense in most countries.

3. What are the potential consequences of playing with a dead body?

The consequences of playing with a dead body can range from legal repercussions to physical and emotional harm. It can also cause further trauma for the family and loved ones of the deceased.

4. How should I handle the situation if my friend asks me to play with their dead body?

If a friend asks you to play with their dead body, it is important to respectfully decline and explain why it is not appropriate. You can also offer to support them in finding healthier ways to cope with their grief.

5. What should I do if I have already played with a dead body?

If you have already played with a dead body, it is important to seek professional help and to report the situation to the proper authorities. It is also important to reflect on the reasons why you engaged in this behavior and to make a plan to avoid similar situations in the future.