Tap CPAP NASAl pillow question

• Thread starter triley
  • Start date
In summary: There is no adhesive that will grip the silicone mask. You may try using duct tape to secure the mask to your face.
triley
Does anyone know any tricks to keep tap pap pillows from falling out? I just got this mask a couple of weeks ago. I'm really liking it so far. But about 25% of the time I'm ending up with the mask waking me up in the middle of the night because the right nasal pillow has come out of its little socket and is leaking like crazy.

Then I'm fumbling in the dark trying to reseat it.

When it works, it might be the best mask I've ever used. My leak rate is better than with the swift fx, it's more comfortable, no lines on my face when I wake up... It's great. But that damn right side just comes loose.

I don't know if it's a manufacturing defect causing it, or if it's because I mostly roll to my right side when I sleep, ot the left.

The left and right sides both feel just as secure when it's not on my face.

Does anybody know if there's a mild adhesive I could use to help it grip better but not ruin the mask or pillows? Getting anything to stick to silicone is usually tough, but I assume the mask body is PVC plastic.

Biology news on Phys.org
triley said:
I don't know if it's a manufacturing defect causing it, or if it's because I mostly roll to my right side when I sleep, ot the left.
Or perhaps one of your nostrils is larger than the other?
Perhaps the smaller nostril grips the pillow more, unseating it.
Any chance you can switch left/right to see if that changes anything?
Do the pillows come in different sizes, such that you could use a different size in each nostril?

Likes Tom.G
1633642819946.png

That's crazy! This thing has no head straps??

My CPAP has a neck strap and a crown strap, and since I sleep on my side, they are constantly being pulled and pushed, which unseats the mask itself. I've almost gicen up on using it at all.

Likes BWV
@DaveC426913 yes, exactly. i am using diffrent size.

Duct tape?

1. What is a Tap CPAP NASAl pillow?

A Tap CPAP NASAl pillow is a specialized pillow designed for individuals who use a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine for sleep apnea. It has a unique shape and design to accommodate the CPAP mask and tubing, allowing for a more comfortable and secure fit.

2. How does a Tap CPAP NASAl pillow work?

The Tap CPAP NASAl pillow has cutouts and contours that provide space and support for the CPAP mask and tubing. This helps to prevent the mask from shifting or leaking during sleep, ensuring a more effective and comfortable treatment for sleep apnea.

3. Who can benefit from using a Tap CPAP NASAl pillow?

Anyone who uses a CPAP machine for sleep apnea can benefit from using a Tap CPAP NASAl pillow. It is especially helpful for individuals who have trouble keeping their mask in place or experience discomfort from the mask pressing against their face during sleep.

4. Are there any downsides to using a Tap CPAP NASAl pillow?

One potential downside is that the pillow may take some time to get used to, especially for individuals who are used to sleeping on their stomach or side. It may also be more expensive than a regular pillow. However, the benefits of improved CPAP therapy and better sleep quality often outweigh these potential downsides.

5. Can I use a Tap CPAP NASAl pillow with any type of CPAP mask?

The Tap CPAP NASAl pillow is compatible with most CPAP masks, but it is always best to check with your healthcare provider or the manufacturer of your mask to ensure compatibility. Some masks may require additional modifications to fit properly with the pillow.