Which is Better for Gaming: Xbox 360 or PC?

In summary: PS3 has a built-in touchpad and a better controller.ADAPTER: Universal AC-DC AdapterBATTERY: Li-Ion Battery Pack 14.8V x 4400mAH 4 hours RuntimeCPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M Processor 760 @ 2.0GHz 533FSB 2MB Cache ~ CNB812 [+60]CD: 16X/4X CD-RW/DVD+RW COMBO DRIVE [+90]FLASHMEDIA: Built-In 3in1 Media ReaderHDD: 80GB 5400RPM ULTRA ATA 100 HARD DRIVE [+21]INVERTER: NONEIEEE_CARD: BUILT
Tom McCurdy
Alright I am having an argumetn about teh xb0x 360 vs my computer

who is better for gamming
and more powerful

my comp

ADAPTER: Universal AC-DC Adapter
BATTERY: Li-Ion Battery Pack 14.8V x 4400mAH 4 hours Runtime
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M Processor 760 @ 2.0GHz 533FSB 2MB Cache ~ CNB812 [+60]
CD: 16X/4X CD-RW/DVD+RW COMBO DRIVE [+90]
FLASHMEDIA: Built-In 3in1 Media Reader
HDD: 80GB 5400RPM ULTRA ATA 100 HARD DRIVE [+21]
INVERTER: NONE
IEEE_CARD: BUILT-IN 1394 IEEE FIREWIRE PORT
KEYBOARD: BUILT-IN KEYBOARD
MOUSE: BUILT-IN TOUCHPAD
MODEM: BUILT-IN 56K V.92 FAX MODEM
MOTHERBOARD: Intel Alviso 915PM & ICH6-M Chipset Mainboard
MEMORY: 1GB PC4200 DDR2-533 SODIMM MEMORY [+82]
MONITOR: 15.4" WSXGA TFT LCD DISPLAY 1680x1050
MP3PLAYER: NONE
NB_TRAVELKIT: NONE
NB_HEADSET: NONE
NOTEBOOK_COVER: Xplorer S4-5500 Notebook Cover (ORIGINAL SILVER COLOR)
NETWORK: BUILT-IN 10/100 NETWORK CARD
OS: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Professional w/ Service Pack 2 [+46]
PCMCIA: (1)Type II PCMCIA 32-Bit PC Card Bus
PRINTER: None
PRINTER_CABLE: None
RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
SCANNER: NONE
SERVICE: STANDARD 1-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY + 24/7 PHONE SUPPORT
SOFT: Microsoft(R) Works 7.0
SOUND: BUILT-IN AC 97 SOUND
SPEAKERS: BUILT-IN STEREO SPEAKERS SYSTEM
UPS: None
USB: 3 x USB2.0 PORT CONNECTORS
USB_PENDRIVE: NONE
VIDEOCAMERA: NONE
VIDEO: 16X PCI-Express NVIDIA Geforce GO 6600 128MB Video
WIRELESSPOINT: NONE
WIRELESSCARD: Intel PRO2915 A/B/G Wireless 802.11G 54Mbs MiniPCI Card [+3]

vs xbox 360

Computer science news on Phys.org
Xbox 360, no question. PC's are meant to do a LOT of things, gaming just being one of them. It must do word processing, handle an operating system, be highly adaptable, run god knows how many different languages and protocols... etc etc. The xbox 360 is made ONLY for games thus it will blow away almost any computer.

Take a look at http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx2-official-forum/25836-problems-ps2-emulators.html to see why completely faithful emulation of modern consoles on a PC requires a high-end gaming rig.

sdf

Spec out a machine that would beat a 360

Tom McCurdy said:
Spec out a machine that would beat a 360

You're probably talking about ... top end dual SLI 7800GTX's and dual cores and raptors and insane stuff like that. I mean you're asking for a tow-truck that could outdo a ferrari while at the same time still being able to haul cars all over the place...

In my opinion, Xbox prevails over your computer for gaming purposes only. Your graphics card gives it all away.

The real question though is how PS3, the real nemesis of Xbox, will differ. Some say it'll be better, others disagree and argue it down. What are the differences?

Mouse + key board > XBox 360 controller

1. What is the difference between using a wireless controller with rumble support on Xbox 360 and PC?

The main difference between using a wireless controller with rumble support on Xbox 360 and PC is the platform they are designed for. Xbox 360 controllers are specifically made for gaming on the Xbox 360 console, while PC controllers are designed for gaming on a computer.

2. Can I use an Xbox 360 wireless controller with rumble support on my PC?

Yes, you can use an Xbox 360 wireless controller with rumble support on your PC. However, you will need to purchase a wireless receiver that connects to your computer via USB in order to use the controller wirelessly. Alternatively, you can also use a wired Xbox 360 controller on your PC without the need for a wireless receiver.

3. Which platform is better for gaming with a wireless controller with rumble support?

This ultimately depends on personal preference. Both Xbox 360 and PC offer unique gaming experiences and it ultimately comes down to which platform you prefer for gaming.

4. Are there any advantages to using a wireless controller with rumble support on Xbox 360 compared to PC?

One advantage of using a wireless controller with rumble support on Xbox 360 is that it is specifically designed for gaming on the console, so it may offer a more seamless and optimized experience. Additionally, the Xbox 360 controller is a popular choice among gamers and may be more familiar to use.

5. Are there any advantages to using a wireless controller with rumble support on PC compared to Xbox 360?

One advantage of using a wireless controller with rumble support on PC is that you have the ability to customize and remap buttons for different games. Additionally, PC gaming often offers higher graphics and performance capabilities compared to consoles.

Back