(?) on fixing bootmgr is compressed

• Thread starter slee95
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Compressed
In summary, you compressed something on your computer and are getting this message "bootmgr is compressed". You think you did it when you were compressing stuff on your hard to conserve space. How do you fix it? There is a way to go into your operating system to fix bootmgr is compressed. If this doesn't work for you, try doing the same web search for "recover bootmgr" to look for alternate methods.
You two know your computer a lot better then i do.

<h2>1. What does it mean when my bootmgr is compressed?</h2><p>When your bootmgr is compressed, it means that the boot manager file on your computer's hard drive has been compressed, making it unreadable by the computer. This can happen due to a variety of reasons, such as a virus or accidental compression by the user.</p><h2>2. How can I fix a compressed bootmgr?</h2><p>To fix a compressed bootmgr, you will need to use a Windows installation disc or a recovery drive. Boot your computer from the disc or drive, and select the option to repair your computer. From there, you can access the command prompt and use the "bootrec" command to rebuild the boot manager file.</p><h2>3. Can I prevent my bootmgr from becoming compressed?</h2><p>Yes, you can prevent your bootmgr from becoming compressed by being cautious when using compression tools on your computer. Additionally, regularly scanning your computer for viruses and malware can help prevent any malicious programs from compressing your boot manager file.</p><h2>4. Will fixing a compressed bootmgr delete my files?</h2><p>No, fixing a compressed bootmgr will not delete your files. However, it is always recommended to back up your important files before attempting any repairs on your computer, just to be safe.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I do not have a Windows installation disc or recovery drive?</h2><p>If you do not have a Windows installation disc or recovery drive, you can try using a bootable USB drive with a Windows operating system on it. Alternatively, you can contact a professional computer technician for assistance in fixing the compressed bootmgr.</p>

1. What does it mean when my bootmgr is compressed?

When your bootmgr is compressed, it means that the boot manager file on your computer's hard drive has been compressed, making it unreadable by the computer. This can happen due to a variety of reasons, such as a virus or accidental compression by the user.

2. How can I fix a compressed bootmgr?

To fix a compressed bootmgr, you will need to use a Windows installation disc or a recovery drive. Boot your computer from the disc or drive, and select the option to repair your computer. From there, you can access the command prompt and use the "bootrec" command to rebuild the boot manager file.

3. Can I prevent my bootmgr from becoming compressed?

Yes, you can prevent your bootmgr from becoming compressed by being cautious when using compression tools on your computer. Additionally, regularly scanning your computer for viruses and malware can help prevent any malicious programs from compressing your boot manager file.

4. Will fixing a compressed bootmgr delete my files?

No, fixing a compressed bootmgr will not delete your files. However, it is always recommended to back up your important files before attempting any repairs on your computer, just to be safe.

5. What should I do if I do not have a Windows installation disc or recovery drive?

If you do not have a Windows installation disc or recovery drive, you can try using a bootable USB drive with a Windows operating system on it. Alternatively, you can contact a professional computer technician for assistance in fixing the compressed bootmgr.