Will highmagnetic field pull out nano magnetite particles from the brain?

In summary, nano magnetite particles have been found in the brain and have been linked to conditions such as schizophrenia, parkinson's disease, and aging. A proposed idea is to use high magnetic fields to manipulate these particles, potentially causing levitation. However, it is unclear if this is scientifically possible or if it would have negative effects on the brain. Further research and understanding of the role of these particles is needed before any such manipulation can be considered.
molian
Nano magnetite particles are found in the brain. They are associated with schizophrenia, parkinson's disease, aging and etc.

Imagine that we are able to make a huge NMR machine and place a live human being in the bore to cause levitation. The diamagnetic particles will orient against the magnetic field and cause levitation. What will happen to the magnetite particles? How many tesla of magnetism will be required to pull it out of the brain?

Is it possible to manipulate the diamagnetic particles with RF frequency to enhance the pull of magnetite particles?

Physicists please explain and help the world.

Further Reading

http://www.pnas.org/content/89/16/7683.full.pdf+html"

http://www.magnet.fsu.edu/education/tutorials/magnetacademy/mriresearch/fullarticle.html"

Last edited by a moderator:
Biology news on Phys.org
molian said:
Nano magnetite particles are found in the brain. They are associated with schizophrenia, parkinson's disease, aging and etc.

Imagine that we are able to make a huge NMR machine and place a live human being in the bore to cause levitation. The diamagnetic particles will orient against the magnetic field and cause levitation. What will happen to the magnetite particles? How many tesla of magnetism will be required to pull it out of the brain?

Is it possible to manipulate the diamagnetic particles with RF frequency to enhance the pull of magnetite particles?

Physicists please explain and help the world.

Further Reading

http://www.pnas.org/content/89/16/7683.full.pdf+html"

http://www.magnet.fsu.edu/education/tutorials/magnetacademy/mriresearch/fullarticle.html"

Interesting reading. Thanks for posting the links.

But I do not get the impression that magnetic forces are being used for anything here, just that they are looking at the magnetic nanoparticle properties in the brain tissue. You sure as heck aren't goint to levitate anybody, and I didn't see any mention of forces on the nanoparticles. Did I miss that in the first article?

Thanks for your reply. As you said they do not deal with the magnetic forces on nano particles. The first article confirms the presence of iron in the brain. The second article is interesting and dealing with high magnetic field. They have no relationship with my idea.

The idea is my own. Just I want to know that is it scientifically posssible to remove the nano particles through high magnetic field.

I am asking this question because of my life experience.

I am posting a link for my articles in social publishing sites. {Please note that it is not a peer reviewed article or published journal article. It is my own idea.}

<< links deleted by berkeman >>

Any one interested can help me to solve my idea.

If you feel my question or links are inappropriate please write to me.

molian said:
Thanks for your reply. As you said they do not deal with the magnetic forces on nano particles. The first article confirms the presence of iron in the brain. The second article is interesting and dealing with high magnetic field. They have no relationship with my idea.

The idea is my own. Just I want to know that is it scientifically posssible to remove the nano particles through high magnetic field.

I am asking this question because of my life experience.

I am posting a link for my articles in social publishing sites. {Please note that it is not a peer reviewed article or published journal article. It is my own idea.}

<< links deleted by berkeman >>

Any one interested can help me to solve my idea.

If you feel my question or links are inappropriate please write to me.

Sorry, the links you posted are not appropriate for the PF. As you say, they are not peer reviewed, and the second one especially proposed a personal theory.

It would be highly naive to think that the purpouse of these particles which are present in the brain is just to cause the conditions you mentioned. nature and evolution surely know why they are present and scientists have yet to find out what that purpouse is. exept from aging which probably has not very much to do with them and much more with other things, the conditions you mentioned happen to a very small percentage of people and therefore cannot be tied directly with their presence (their quantity is a different thing alltogeather). Their role might be in memory, electro-magnetic regulation of some kind (cells in the brain comunicate electrically). removing them without knowing their exact role might be worse, or maybe even cause paralisation, death or who knows what.

1. What is the purpose of studying the effects of high magnetic fields on nano magnetite particles in the brain?

The purpose of this research is to understand the potential risks and benefits of using high magnetic fields in medical treatments, particularly in relation to the presence of nano magnetite particles in the brain.

2. Can high magnetic fields pull out nano magnetite particles from the brain?

There is currently no definitive answer to this question. Some studies have shown that high magnetic fields can cause movement of nanoparticles, but the extent to which this occurs in the brain is still being researched.

3. Are there any potential risks associated with the presence of nano magnetite particles in the brain?

Some studies have suggested that the accumulation of nano magnetite particles in the brain could potentially lead to neurodegenerative diseases. However, more research is needed to fully understand the potential risks.

4. How do nano magnetite particles get into the brain?

Nano magnetite particles can enter the brain through various means, such as inhalation, ingestion, or injection. They can also be produced within the brain through natural processes, such as aging or exposure to certain metals.

5. Can high magnetic fields be used to remove nano magnetite particles from the brain as a medical treatment?

There is currently no evidence to support the use of high magnetic fields as a medical treatment for removing nano magnetite particles from the brain. More research is needed to determine the safety and efficacy of this approach.

Back