Why is Thunderbird showing a 'rejected' error when sending outgoing mail?

• Thread starter cepheid
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses an error message that pops up when trying to send outgoing messages through the Thunderbird mail client. The error indicates that the mail server has rejected the message due to the IP address being found in a blacklist. The person seeking help is accessing their university email accounts through IMAP servers and has already set up Thunderbird using instructions from the university's website. They are advised to check their security settings and follow explicit instructions for setting up Thunderbird to avoid the error.
cepheid
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
For those who use the Thunderbird mail client, I'm wondering why this message pops up every time I try to send an outgoing message. I'm accessing my university e-mail accounts by accessing their servers as IMAP servers. Here is the error message I get after clicking 'send.'

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 5.7.1 Rejected 24.86.226.249 found in dnsbl.sorbs.net. Please verify that your email address is correct in your Mail preferences and try again.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Well have you ever successfully sent mail on your school's server or is this a new error? If not, I'd say it's probably your security settings. You should try to search your university's website for explicit instructions for setting up Thunderbird or another mail client so you can mimic the settings.

It's a new error. I alreday set up Thunderbird the first time around using explicit instructions on the university website. That having been said, I'll look into it.

1. What is Thunderbird Mail Client?

Thunderbird Mail Client is a free and open-source email application developed by Mozilla. It is designed to manage multiple email accounts and includes features such as advanced message filtering, a built-in calendar, and customizable themes.

2. Is Thunderbird Mail Client compatible with my operating system?

Yes, Thunderbird Mail Client is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. It also has a mobile app available for Android devices.

3. Can I import my existing email accounts into Thunderbird Mail Client?

Yes, Thunderbird Mail Client allows you to easily import your existing email accounts from other email clients such as Outlook or Gmail. You can also set up new email accounts directly within Thunderbird.

4. Is Thunderbird Mail Client secure?

Thunderbird Mail Client has built-in security features, such as encryption and digital signing, to protect your emails and personal information. It also has an option for using a master password to secure your email account passwords.

5. Are there any add-ons or extensions available for Thunderbird Mail Client?

Yes, Thunderbird Mail Client has a wide range of add-ons and extensions available to enhance its features and customize your email experience. You can find these in the add-on manager within the application or through the official Thunderbird website.