Physics vs Statistics: Which Is Better for Me?

In summary: You have the option to go abroad for further study and research in either subject, but you may face difficulties with your 3-year Bachelor's degree in joining programs that require a 4-year degree. Ultimately, the decision of which subject to pursue depends on your personal interests and career goals.
therimalaya
In my country, there is no system of credit transfer. The only collage that teaches Physics is one of the University Known as "Tribhuwan University". The same university also has program of M.Sc. Statistics. I'm doing job for pocket money and for study. My job and study both begin at the same time, That is my main problem.
Let's come to the topic, I've completed my B.Sc in Physics and Statistics. In Our country B.Sc. has only 3 years of study. Due to less seat and high competition in Physics, i am unable to join M.Sc. I'm interested in Physics but I'm also quite good in statistics. Now I've joined Statistics after I loss my 2 year waiting for physics to join. Though, I join the collage, I'm not much frequent due to my job. Next year, the Physics seat are going to increase but In our country study physics not open any door to research unless i go to foreign country. i can only teach in some collage or high Schools.
Statistics is also quite good and have much scope (I think, my be I'm wrong). I can go other country to study any of the subject but due to their 4 yrs of Bachelor Degree, It gets some difficulty in joining them.

What should I learn, Physics or Statistics? Which one is better for me? Should I continue study statistics and try to go abroad for further study and research purpose or change my subject (i.e. Physics)?

I hope you will help me
Thank You

----------------
Now playing: Akon - U Got Me (Ft. T-Pain)
via FoxyTunes

Physics news on Phys.org
stats is vey good

surely physics has more practical merit in your future

1. What is the main difference between physics and statistics?

The main difference between physics and statistics is that physics is a branch of science that studies the fundamental laws and principles governing the natural world, while statistics is a branch of mathematics that deals with the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data.

2. Which field has better job opportunities, physics or statistics?

Both physics and statistics offer a wide range of job opportunities. Physics is often associated with research and development in industries such as aerospace, energy, and telecommunications, while statistics is commonly used in fields such as finance, healthcare, and market research.

3. Which field requires more math skills, physics or statistics?

Both physics and statistics require a strong foundation in math. However, physics tends to involve more advanced math concepts, such as calculus and differential equations, while statistics relies on probability and basic algebra.

4. Can I study both physics and statistics?

Yes, it is possible to study both physics and statistics. Many universities offer undergraduate programs in physics and statistics, and some even offer joint programs that combine both fields of study.

5. Which field has more practical applications?

Both physics and statistics have numerous practical applications. Physics is often used in the development of new technologies and products, while statistics is used to make data-driven decisions in various industries and research fields.