Exotic Foods: Discover the World's Cuisine

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses an exotic food called "Stuffed Camel" and the recipe for making it. It involves stuffing a camel with a lamb, chickens, rice, eggs, and nuts, and then cooking it over a charcoal pit. The conversation also mentions the difficulty in serving and achieving the desired flavor for a blue cheese and cherry cake.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Yet another food thread, but this is for (exotic) food as in,

http://www.lavamind.com/food.html

Physics news on Phys.org
How they do "Turducken" in the Middle East:

Stuffed Camel

1 whole camel, medium size
1 whole lamb, large size
20 whole chickens, medium size
60 eggs
12 kilos rice
2 kilos pine nuts
2 kilos almonds
1 kilo pistachio nuts
110 gallons water
5 pounds black pepper
Salt to taste

Skin, trim and clean camel (once you get over the hump), lamb and chicken. Boil until tender. Cook rice until fluffy. Fry nuts until brown and mix with rice. Hard boil eggs and peel. Stuff cooked chickens with hard boiled eggs and rice. Stuff the cooked lamb with stuffed chickens. Add more rice. Stuff the camel with the stuffed lamb and add rest of rice. Broil over large charcoal pit until brown. Spread any remaining rice on large tray and place camel on top of rice. Decorate with boiled eggs and nuts. Serves friendly crowd of 80-100.

Yes, this recipe is really from a cookbook. http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/camel.asp

How the heck do they serve it ? surly not in slices as in pork roll.

Last edited:
I just can not perfect my blue cheese and cherry cake, i substitute butter for blue cheese, but some how the flavour is lost in cooking, the cake rises
very well and holds its shape, the cheesey flavour is there but the intensity is lost :confused:

1. What is considered an exotic food?

An exotic food is any type of cuisine or dish that is not commonly consumed in a particular region or culture. It often involves unique ingredients or cooking methods that are not typically found in the local cuisine.

2. Is it safe to try exotic foods?

In general, exotic foods are safe to try as long as they are prepared and cooked properly. However, it is always important to research the ingredients and potential risks associated with a particular dish before consuming it.

3. Where can I find exotic foods?

Exotic foods can be found in specialty restaurants, markets, and grocery stores that cater to international or ethnic cuisines. They can also be found while traveling to different countries and experiencing the local cuisine.

4. What are the health benefits of trying exotic foods?

Exotic foods often contain unique and diverse ingredients that can provide a variety of health benefits. For example, some exotic fruits and vegetables may have higher levels of vitamins and antioxidants compared to common fruits and vegetables.

5. How can I prepare exotic foods at home?

There are plenty of online resources and cookbooks that provide recipes and instructions for preparing exotic foods at home. You can also attend cooking classes or workshops to learn how to cook and incorporate exotic ingredients into your meals.