(Not folding space) Instant Travel Form A-B? But Not Time (theory)

In summary, the conversation discusses a theory of instant travel through the multiverse and the possibility of traveling to different universes by penetrating the branes that contain them. The universes are believed to be parallel to our own and encompass all possibilities of past, present, and future events. The theory suggests that it may be possible to travel to any point in our universe without exceeding the speed of light or manipulating space and time, but time travel may not be achievable through this method. It also references theories such as "The Big Bang" and mentions works such as "A Wheel of Time" and "Castaneda".
Stormy
Stop me if this is total poop or if it has been theorized already:
(I may ramble a bit)

My theory of instant travel (I hope).
The universe has no area or shape, one of the most recent theories is that there is not just one universe but a “multiverse” made up of an infinite number of universes. These universes are "contained" in membranes or "branes" (So it is called “the brane theory”). Theoretically if one were to find a way to penetrate this brane then one could travel to and from these "universes". Also the theory states that these universes are parallel to our own, so they "play out" all possibilities that could have happened, are happening and will happen. Now if you aren’t interested in traveling inter-dimensionally then, in my opinion, one could travel to any point in our universe without the need to travel faster than light or the need to fold, bend or otherwise manipulate space or time. My theory is that, because the universe has no shape or fixed area (infinite), it is possible to re-enter our universe at any point in space. So if one could some how control the point at which they renter the universe, then one could travel to any point in space instantly, or near instantly. However, traveling in time can not be achieve this way because, as I understand it, these branes, or universes, exist in time, not our own. This can be said to be proven by the theory that "The Big Bang" was caused by the collision between two of these branes, and so they must exist in time for "The Big Bang" to have happened at a point in that time. So the current theory that the only way to travel in time, if any way exists, is to exceed the speed of light, which is theoretically impossible.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
A Wheel of Time. Castaneda.

1. What is instant travel form A-B?

Instant travel form A-B is a hypothetical concept in science that suggests the ability to travel instantaneously from one point to another without physically moving through the space in between.

2. How does instant travel form A-B work?

The exact mechanism of instant travel form A-B is unknown and is purely theoretical at this point. It is often discussed in the context of advanced technology or theoretical physics principles such as wormholes or quantum entanglement.

3. Is instant travel form A-B possible?

There is currently no scientific evidence or technology that supports the possibility of instant travel form A-B. It remains a topic of speculation and research in the scientific community.

4. Can you travel through time with instant travel form A-B?

No, instant travel form A-B is not associated with time travel. It is purely focused on the instantaneous movement through space.

5. Are there any potential applications for instant travel form A-B?

The concept of instant travel form A-B has been explored in science fiction and has potential applications in transportation, space travel, and communication. However, more research and technological advancements are needed before it can become a reality.