I have a lady friend that thinks she loves loves me

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, Wolram has a lady friend that thinks she loves loves him, but he doesn't actually love her back. He told her this and she is upset. He suggests that she let her know how he feels and that she has a good chance of success if she is only on drugs for a short period of time and goes to rehab.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I have a lady friend that thinks she loves loves me, i didn't intend to fire this relationship,
i just thought we were just good friends, in reality we have nothing in common, she likes soaps for gods sake, what can i do?

Physics news on Phys.org

wolram said:
I have a lady friend that thinks she loves loves me, i didn't intend to fire this relationship,
i just thought we were just good friends, in reality we have nothing in common, she likes soaps for gods sake, what can i do?
Crazy glue her pots and pans to her kitchen counters? I was going to suggest a reinactment of your previous crazy glue incident, but this should do the trick. :biggrin:

You're just so loveable Wolram. :!)

Yes, that (fill in the blank) does make you look fat.

Evo said:
Crazy glue her pots and pans to her kitchen counters? I was going to suggest a reinactment of your previous crazy glue incident, but this should do the trick. :biggrin:

You're just so loveable Wolram. :!)

I have told her that i only love Evo and MIH but she wants proof, how can i convince her i am a cyber lover.:biggrin:

give her a 30-day trial and let her find out for herself. after that, she may find out she wants to try on another pair of shoes. you know how they are.

Proton Soup said:
give her a 30-day trial and let her find out for herself. after that, she may find out she wants to try on another pair of shoes. you know how they are.

We have been friends for 18 months, it has only been in the last week or two that she has shown a love for me, i can only say i have not encouraged her.
What can i do i am up the creek without a paddle, this is so not like me.

Jimmy Snyder said:
Yes, that (fill in the blank) does make you look fat.
:rofl:

Well there is nothing you can do really Wolram :) You cannot change her feelings for you and you have been honest that you are not encouraging her to love you. The only thing I can suggest is to let her know how you feel. She is responsible for her own feelings as long as you are honest with her :biggrin:

wolram said:
We have been friends for 18 months, it has only been in the last week or two that she has shown a love for me, i can only say i have not encouraged her.

Could it be that you're misinterpreting her intents?

wolram said:

tell her the truth. that you enjoy her company but aren't feeling romantic.

Download pix of Evo and MIH and set them up in rotation on your PC as a screen-saver.

turbo said:
Download pix of Evo and MIH and set them up in rotation on your PC as a screen-saver.

Good idea now Evo an MIH comply.

wolram said:
... What can i do i am up the creek without a paddle, this is so not like me.
Maybe you should go with the flow.

What is this strange feeling I am having? Could it be jealousy?

wolram said:

Learn to like soaps.:)

I'm just going to go ahead and ask... Is she hot?

wolram said:

This is good! If she's only been on drugs for a week or two, a short stint in rehab has an excellent prognosis for success!

BobG said:
This is good! If she's only been on drugs for a week or two, a short stint in rehab has an excellent prognosis for success!
Bob, you are bad. I would have been worse if I had thought of it, but you are bad.

1. How do I determine if my lady friend truly loves me?

It can be difficult to determine someone else's feelings, but there are a few signs that can indicate your lady friend may truly love you. These can include consistent and genuine expressions of affection, wanting to spend time with you, and making sacrifices for your happiness. Ultimately, the best way to know for sure is to have an open and honest conversation about your feelings with your lady friend.

2. What should I do if my lady friend says she loves me but her actions don't match?

If your lady friend says she loves you but her actions don't seem to align with those words, it's important to communicate with her about your concerns. Ask her why she feels she loves you and what her expectations are for your relationship. It's also important to pay attention to actions rather than just words and to trust your instincts about whether or not her feelings are genuine.

3. Is it possible for someone to think they love me but not actually love me?

Yes, it is possible for someone to think they love you but not truly love you. Love is a complex emotion and can be mistaken for infatuation or a strong physical attraction. It's important to have open and honest communication with your lady friend and to pay attention to actions rather than just words to determine if her feelings are genuine.

4. How can I tell if my lady friend's love for me is genuine or if she's just saying it?

The best way to tell if your lady friend's love for you is genuine is to look at her actions and consistency in expressing her feelings for you. Genuine love involves consistent effort and sacrifice, while someone who is just saying it may only do so when it benefits them. It's also important to have open and honest communication with your lady friend to better understand her feelings and intentions.

5. What should I do if I don't feel the same way about my lady friend who thinks she loves me?

It's important to be honest with your lady friend about your feelings, even if they may hurt her. It's not fair to lead someone on or give them false hope. Have a respectful and compassionate conversation with her about your feelings and try to understand where she is coming from. It may be difficult, but it's important to communicate openly and honestly in any relationship.