How to Grasp Quantum Mechanics and Hydrogen Models as a Physics Student?

• Thread starter chenesai
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around a student struggling with their quantum mechanics course and seeking help to understand specific topics such as the classical and Thompson hydrogen model, gaussian wave packet theory, and equations. The responders suggest narrowing down specific questions and using the forum effectively to clarify understanding. The student also expresses a desire to study electrical engineering due to limited job opportunities in physics in their country.
chenesai
i have started my quantum mecanics course and it is hell for me but i desparately need to pass it .Can anyone help me undastand the classical and Thompson hydrogen model as well as gaussian wave packet theory and equations, i would be forever indebted! Help!

Physics news on Phys.org
chenesai said:
i have started my quantum mecanics course and it is hell for me but i desparately need to pass it .Can anyone help me undastand the classical and Thompson hydrogen model as well as gaussian wave packet theory and equations, i would be forever indebted! Help!

This is a very vague question. You simply cannot expect complete lessons to be taught on a forum like this.

Look through the material, and pick up specific items that you have trouble understanding. Start from the very beginning, and figure out where you start losing your understanding. Then post that question on here. Often, an answer or explanation to clarify something could help in subsequent understanding of the material and answer your other questions.

This is the more efficient and effective use of a forum such as this.

Zz.

thanks guys will do , let me see if i can narrow this down , thank u sooo much

You should be happy to have an opportunity to even study something like quantum mechanics. I am stuck with learning electrical engineering, because that is the as close as I can get to the best part of physics.

well part of me wishes i was doing electrical engineering bassalisk , in my country there are not a lot of opportunity for those doing physics, the only i can say for sure is lecturing which seems fun but you have to know your physics!

1. How can I understand a complex scientific concept?

Understanding a complex scientific concept may require breaking it down into smaller, more manageable parts. Start by identifying key terms and definitions, and then try to relate them to real-life examples. You can also use visual aids such as diagrams or models to help you visualize the concept.

2. What resources can I use to help me understand a scientific topic?

There are many resources available to help you understand a scientific topic. These include textbooks, online articles and videos, scientific journals, and even consulting with experts in the field. It's important to research and use credible sources to ensure accurate information.

3. How can I improve my understanding of scientific principles?

One of the best ways to improve your understanding of scientific principles is to actively engage with the material. This can include taking notes, asking questions, and participating in discussions or experiments. It's also helpful to make connections between different concepts and to apply them to real-life situations.

4. Can I understand a scientific topic without a background in science?

Yes, it is possible to understand a scientific topic without a background in science. However, it may require more effort and time to grasp the concepts. It's important to approach the topic with an open mind and to seek out resources that explain the information in a way that is easier for non-scientists to understand.

5. How can I test my understanding of a scientific topic?

One way to test your understanding of a scientific topic is to try and explain it to someone else. This will help you identify any gaps in your knowledge and improve your understanding. You can also take quizzes or practice problems to assess your comprehension. Additionally, applying the concepts in real-life situations can also help solidify your understanding.