Which engineering stream is best?

In summary, The person is interested in pursuing engineering at the graduation level but is unsure which type of engineering to choose. They have three options: BioTechnology, Instrumentation and Control, and Information Technology. Each option has its own unique appeal, whether it be learning about DNA and cloning in BioTech, robotics and AI in Instrumentation and Control, or the current hype around Information Technology. However, there are also concerns about each option, such as having to memorize scientific names in BioTech, working in factories or labs in Instrumentation and Control, and the current downfall of IT. The person is seeking advice on which option has the best future prospects and will be in demand 4-5 years from now. Ultimately, they are looking
think
I am going to pursue Engineering at graduation level. But I'm confused about which type of engineering is best. I have three options:

1) BioTechnology
2) Instrumentation and control
3) Information Technology

All are equally interesting to me. Please help me decide which one has the best future prospects and which one will be in demand 4-5 years from now? Which one should I choose? :confused:

Engineering news on Phys.org
What do you like most about each?
What do you like least about each?

1)I like BioTech becaude it teaches you How to manipulate with building blocks of life i.e. DNA. More Imp It will possibly teach me basics of cloning. ah! Also Biotech is now at a position where IT was in mid 90's.
2)I like Instrumentation & Control coz it includes Robotics & AI (my fav subject) and also teaches BioMedical (fastest growing stream)
3)I like Information Technology coz all the current hype is associated with it. Moreover, it would teach me Information security(most promising).

Dislikes:

1)BioTechnology would require cramming up all the scientific names of creatures, plant names, cell components & the stuff like that which I hate.
2)Instrumentation & Control will require me to work in factories/labs reading all those dumb process signals & recording them
3)IT: as you all know current downfall is troubling its future prospects.

1. What are the different engineering streams to choose from?

Some of the popular engineering streams include mechanical, electrical, civil, computer science, and chemical engineering. However, there are many other specialized branches such as aerospace, biomedical, and environmental engineering as well.

2. Which engineering stream has the most job opportunities?

It ultimately depends on the job market and industry needs in a particular region or country. However, currently, there is a high demand for computer science, electrical, and mechanical engineers.

3. How do I decide which engineering stream is best for me?

It is important to consider your interests, strengths, and career goals when choosing an engineering stream. Research about the different streams, their job prospects, and the subjects they cover can also help you make an informed decision.

4. Is one engineering stream more challenging than the others?

Each engineering stream has its own unique challenges, and it ultimately depends on your aptitude and interest. For example, mechanical engineering may be more challenging for someone who is not interested in working with machines and tools, while computer science may be more challenging for someone who struggles with coding.

5. Can I switch to a different engineering stream after starting my studies?

It is possible to switch to a different engineering stream, but it may require additional coursework and may delay your graduation. It is important to consult with your academic advisor and carefully consider the implications before making a decision to switch.