Find voltage across a resistor using Loop Analysis

In summary, the conversation is about a student asking for verification on their solution for a circuit problem. The student is concerned about their grade and does not want to ask for help or have someone else do the work for them. They are specifically asking if their calculation for V0=2V is correct and if it satisfies Kirchhoff's Voltage Law. They apologize for any disturbance caused and explain their reasons for asking for verification.
ee_ess_ee-kid

Homework Statement

http://i.imgur.com/H20el.png

Homework Equations

KVL

The Attempt at a Solution

When I solved the equation for V0, I got V0=2V. Is this correct? If it's not, I'll upload my work. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure it's fair to have people on the internet check the correctness of so many of your answers.

You should be able to check correctness for yourself. Use your answer and determine if the sum of voltages around a loop is zero.

I'm sorry. I'm not really good at this circuits class and homework is a large chunk of my grade. I'm just paranoid, is all.

Sorry if verifying some answers for me has upset you; however, I feel as if me asking to double check my answers is far better than me asking to get help on these problems or asking to have someone do them for me.

Related to Find voltage across a resistor using Loop Analysis

1. What is Loop Analysis?

Loop Analysis is a method used in circuit analysis to determine the voltage and current in a circuit by creating loop equations based on Kirchhoff's Voltage Law.

2. How do you use Loop Analysis to find voltage across a resistor?

To find the voltage across a resistor using Loop Analysis, you need to create a loop equation that includes the voltage source, the resistor, and any other components in the loop. Then, solve the equation using algebraic techniques to find the voltage across the resistor.

3. What information do you need to use Loop Analysis?

You will need the values of all the components in the circuit, such as resistors, capacitors, and inductors. You will also need to know the direction and magnitude of the current in each component.

4. Can Loop Analysis be used for any type of circuit?

Yes, Loop Analysis can be used for any type of circuit, including both DC and AC circuits. However, it is most commonly used for DC circuits.

5. What are the limitations of Loop Analysis?

Loop Analysis assumes ideal conditions, such as no resistance in wires and perfect voltage sources, which may not be realistic in practical circuits. It also becomes more complex for circuits with multiple loops and may require multiple equations to solve.