Where can I find recommended books and tutorials to learn SolidWorks?

• Thread starter ueckerjc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Solidworks
In summary, SolidWorks is a 3D computer-aided design software that is commonly used in engineering, architecture, and other industries. It allows users to create detailed and accurate 3D models and drawings for prototyping, simulation, and manufacturing. Learning SolidWorks can greatly enhance design skills and increase competitiveness in the job market. While it may have a variety of tools and features, it is designed to be user-friendly and there are many resources available for learning. SolidWorks can open up job opportunities in various industries and requires certain hardware and software specifications for optimal performance. It also offers licensing options for personal use, allowing users to design and create projects for personal use.
ueckerjc
Can anyone recommend some good books or computer based tutorials to learn SolidWorks.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:
ueckerjc said:
Can anyone recommend some good books or computer based tutorials to learn SolidWorks.

Hi, you should try the solidworks tutorials of http://www.solidworksmodel.com
It's an amazing tutorial about creating a chopper in solidworks and photoworks! I learned a lot of it!

1. What is SolidWorks and why do I need to learn it?

SolidWorks is a 3D computer-aided design (CAD) software commonly used in engineering, architecture, and other industries. It allows you to create detailed and accurate 3D models and drawings of your designs, which can then be used for prototyping, simulation, and manufacturing. Learning SolidWorks can greatly enhance your design skills and make you more competitive in the job market.

2. Is SolidWorks difficult to learn?

While SolidWorks has a variety of tools and features, it is designed to be user-friendly and intuitive. With proper training and practice, most people can become proficient in SolidWorks in a relatively short amount of time. Additionally, there are many online resources and tutorials available to help you learn SolidWorks at your own pace.

3. What are the job opportunities for someone who knows SolidWorks?

Knowing SolidWorks can open up a wide range of job opportunities in various industries, such as automotive, aerospace, consumer products, and more. Some common job titles for SolidWorks users include CAD designer, mechanical engineer, product designer, and drafter. With the growing demand for 3D modeling and design, having SolidWorks skills can make you a valuable asset to any company.

4. Do I need any special hardware or software to use SolidWorks?

SolidWorks runs on Windows operating systems and requires a 64-bit processor and at least 16GB of RAM for optimal performance. It is also recommended to have a dedicated graphics card for smoother rendering. Additionally, a 3-button mouse and a 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse can greatly improve your workflow in SolidWorks.

5. Can I use SolidWorks for personal projects?

Yes, SolidWorks offers a variety of licensing options for personal use, including a free trial and a student version. With a personal license, you can use SolidWorks to design and create projects for your own personal use, such as DIY projects, 3D printing, or hobbyist designs.