In search of.... Solidworks Tutorials

In summary, the conversation is about a person looking for recommendations on YouTube or video series for learning how to use Solidworks, specifically the 2018+ version. The conversation mentions a YouTube channel and Solidworks' own website as potential resources, but also notes that the 2018+ requirement may not be met.
Tone L
TL;DR Summary
Looking for a Solidworks 2018+ video tutorial.
Hi folks,

Coming from an non-engineering background, I have not taken a formal course on CAD. Is anyone familiar with any good YouTube/video series that give a tutorial on using Solidworks, 2018+?

I have browsed around and I've watched some videos but they only scratch the surface.

Thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org
There is a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtwaWPOXEBysZLh1rrPzwFw

The problem is that, the 2018+ requirement might not be satisfied. However, if you don't find any other good video, maybe you could consider viewing the old ones.

Solidworks also has their own site, which hosts some tutorials:

https://www.solidworks.com/sw/resources/solidworks-tutorials.htm

1. What is Solidworks?

Solidworks is a 3D computer-aided design (CAD) software used for creating and designing mechanical and industrial components. It is commonly used by engineers, architects, and product designers to create detailed models and drawings.

2. How can I learn Solidworks?

There are various ways to learn Solidworks, including online tutorials, classes, and self-study. "In search of... Solidworks Tutorials" is a great resource for beginners as it provides step-by-step instructions and video demonstrations to help you learn the basics and advanced features of Solidworks.

3. Is Solidworks difficult to use?

Solidworks may seem intimidating at first, but with practice and proper guidance, it can be easy to learn. The software has a user-friendly interface and offers a variety of tools and features to help you create complex designs. With the help of tutorials and practice, you can become proficient in using Solidworks.

4. Can I use Solidworks for 3D printing?

Yes, Solidworks is commonly used for 3D printing as it allows you to create precise and detailed models that can be easily exported to various 3D printing software. It also has tools specifically designed for 3D printing, making it a popular choice among professionals and hobbyists.

5. Is Solidworks only for professionals?

No, Solidworks can be used by anyone interested in 3D design and modeling. It is commonly used in industries such as engineering, architecture, and product design, but it can also be used for personal projects or hobbies. With the help of tutorials and practice, anyone can learn and use Solidworks.