Portland OR: 65-90 MPH Winds - Is Your Generator Ready?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary: Well, you have a creek, so you have the oldest form of running water there is; Run and get it.What amazes me is all the objections to having a generator!City folks, eh, Turbo-1?. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Do you want me to plow the fields using a horse as well? :biggrin:Btw turbo-1 and interested generator users, :biggrin:, when I bought mine, the guy at the shop suggested that I kill the engine with the fuel valve rather than the off switch. That way all of the gas gets sucked out of the carb and lines before it dies. I
Janus said:
We had an old International Harvester baler that would miss a knot from time to time. When this happened, the bale would break apart as it came out the back. Thus the chore; You sat on the twine box behind the knotter, and as each bale came out you tugged on the twine to test the knot. If the twine came loose, you blew on a whistle. Dad would then stop the tractor, come back and tie the bale off by hand.
So there you sat, with the sun beating down on you and hay chaff sticking to you, tugging on baling twine. It was hot, itchy, and mind-numbingly boring.
Now I feel priviledged. At least I got to play with bugs and throw rocks at my sister from time to time (peach pits worked too). :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
How much would a 4kw diesel generator cost anyhow?