Sick, Tired, and Uncomfortable: A Night of Coughing and Woes

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around a person who is sick and struggling to find relief from their symptoms. They discuss the possibility of wanting a girl to take care of them while they are sick and make them chicken soup. One person offers to make penguin soup instead. The conversation also briefly touches on a bug that is going around and the possibility of calling in sick to work.
tribdog
This is miserable. I can't stop coughing and it is keeping me awake. I'm tired and I have to go to work in 2 hours. All I've done is toss and turn. And I can't get the temperature right. I turn on the heater then I get too hot so I turn off the heater then I get too cold. Am I a sexist if I just want a girl to take care of me when I'm sick? Make me some chicken soup, please

Physics news on Phys.org
Beautiful.

Hope you'd be lucky to find a girl who knows how to take care of a sick person and make a chicken soup. Persoanlly I just hate doing this stuff.
But hey I can make make you some penguin soup if you like!(Note that's penguin soup not pengwuino soup.:wink:)

tribdog said:
Am I a sexist if I just want a girl to take care of me when I'm sick? Make me some chicken soup, please
Am I a sexist if I just want a girl to take care of me when I'm horny?

Aww...poor tribdog. :frown: *stuffs chicken soup and cough medicine into tribdog's computer* Sorry, but with the bug that's been going around this year, I'm not getting any closer without a full biohazard suit on. This one seems to be knocking out even the people who don't normally get sick and I have no desire to be sick for Disney.

Moonbear said:
Aww...poor tribdog. :frown: *stuffs chicken soup
WTF, that's like saying

Let me see if I can stuff this water into this cup! Have the ****ing smilies moved again>? Looks like it... hmmm. The cool smilie wasn't that down, and to the right?

Oh my... I thought I had it bad. Because of the messed up schedule I'm on I was up for about ten hours before going to work yesterday for an eight hour shift. Then one of my co-workers called off and my boss told me he wants me to stay for an extra four hours. So I'm still here... and I'm starting to get a bit loopy. I have cold pizza and soda to keep me company. Oh and PF.

You... You should call in sick.
I did that the other week. I wasn't even very sick. I just hadn't been able to sleep at all that particular night so I called in.

tribdog said:
This is miserable. I can't stop coughing and it is keeping me awake. I'm tired and I have to go to work in 2 hours. All I've done is toss and turn. And I can't get the temperature right. I turn on the heater then I get too hot so I turn off the heater then I get too cold. Am I a sexist if I just want a girl to take care of me when I'm sick? Make me some chicken soup, please
Awwww, <pours hot chicken soup into tribdog's computer>

He's sick as it is, and you destroy his computer? Cruel.

Knavish said:
He's sick as it is, and you destroy his computer? Cruel.
He asked for it. :devil: :biggrin:

Related to Sick, Tired, and Uncomfortable: A Night of Coughing and Woes

1. What are the common causes of coughing?

Common causes of coughing include respiratory infections, allergies, asthma, acid reflux, and exposure to irritants such as smoke or pollution.

2. How can I treat a cough at home?

You can try drinking plenty of fluids, using a humidifier, gargling with warm salt water, and taking over-the-counter cough medicine. If your cough persists or is accompanied by other symptoms, it is best to consult a doctor.

3. What are some ways to prevent getting sick?

To prevent getting sick, you should wash your hands regularly, avoid touching your face, and maintain a healthy diet and exercise routine to boost your immune system. It is also important to get enough rest and manage stress levels.

4. When should I see a doctor for a cough?

If your cough lasts longer than a week or is accompanied by other symptoms such as chest pain, difficulty breathing, or fever, it is important to see a doctor. This could be a sign of a more serious condition that requires medical treatment.

5. Can a cough be a sign of something more serious?

In some cases, a persistent cough can be a sign of a more serious condition such as pneumonia, bronchitis, or even lung cancer. It is important to consult a doctor if your cough does not improve or is accompanied by other concerning symptoms.