MIDI drum pressure to pulse width

That will give you an output pulse with a variable width based on the input pressure.In summary, the speaker is looking for a way to convert pressure sensed by a piezo into pulse width with a presettable setting to generate an output pulse above a certain offset level. They are open to other ideas, such as using an RC circuit and a comparator.
dakudiv
Dear All,
I am making a MIDI Drum project.
I want to convert the pressure sensed by piezo into pulse width with presetable setting to shift the offset level above which the output pulse will be generated.
If you have any other idea to convert pressure to pulse width kindly let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Engineering news on Phys.org
dakudiv said:
Dear All,
I am making a MIDI Drum project.
I want to convert the pressure sensed by piezo into pulse width with presetable setting to shift the offset level above which the output pulse will be generated.
If you have any other idea to convert pressure to pulse width kindly let me know.
Thanks in advance.

How about a simple RC into a comparator?

1. What is MIDI drum pressure to pulse width?

MIDI drum pressure to pulse width is a process that converts the velocity or pressure of a drum hit in a MIDI controller to a change in the width of the pulse signal sent to a synthesizer or sound module. This allows for more expressive and dynamic drum playing.

2. How does MIDI drum pressure to pulse width work?

When a drum hit is detected on a MIDI controller, the pressure or velocity data is sent to the synthesizer or sound module. The module then uses this data to adjust the pulse width of the signal sent to the sound generator. A higher velocity or pressure will result in a wider pulse, creating a louder and more intense sound.

3. What are the benefits of using MIDI drum pressure to pulse width?

Using MIDI drum pressure to pulse width allows for greater control and expression in drum playing. It can also add a more realistic and natural feel to electronic drum sounds, making them sound more like acoustic drums.

4. Can MIDI drum pressure to pulse width be adjusted?

Yes, the settings for MIDI drum pressure to pulse width can be adjusted on most synthesizers or sound modules. This allows for customization and fine-tuning of the drum sound to fit the musician's preferences.

5. Is MIDI drum pressure to pulse width necessary for playing drums with a MIDI controller?

No, MIDI drum pressure to pulse width is not necessary for playing drums with a MIDI controller. It is an optional feature that can enhance the drum playing experience, but the MIDI controller can still trigger sounds without it.