Cant' post in Feedback & Announcements forums

• Thread starter ranger
  • Start date
In summary, there seems to be a problem with the Feedback & Announcements forum where contributors' posts are getting thrown into a moderation queue. This may be the reason why the person is unable to start a new thread in that forum. It has been reported to the administrator and is being looked into.
ranger
Gold Member
I can't seem to post in the Feedback & Announcements forum. I've tried a few other forums and they seem to work just fine. By posting I mean to start a new thread.

ranger, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Physics news on Phys.org
There is some problem with the feedback forum, which means that contributors' posts get thrown into the moderation queue there. This problem may be the reason you can't seem to start a new thread in feedback. Greg is on the case!

I've moved this to feedback for you.

It seems that I can reply to topics just fine though.

As cristo mentioned, there is some bug that was introduced with the upgrade in which Contributors have a problem posting in Feedback. Being HH or SA apparently gets one around that.

1. Why am I unable to post in the Feedback & Announcements forums?

There could be a few reasons for this. First, make sure you are logged into your account. If you are not logged in, you will not be able to post. Additionally, some forums may have restrictions on who can post, such as only allowing moderators or administrators to make announcements. If you believe you should have access to post in the forum, reach out to a moderator or administrator for assistance.

2. How do I give feedback or make an announcement in the Feedback & Announcements forums?

To give feedback or make an announcement in the Feedback & Announcements forums, first navigate to the forum and click on the "New Topic" button. From there, you can enter your feedback or announcement in the provided text field and click "Submit" to post it.

3. Can I edit or delete my post in the Feedback & Announcements forums?

Yes, you can edit or delete your post in the Feedback & Announcements forums. To do so, click on your post and look for the "Edit" or "Delete" options. Keep in mind that some forums may have time restrictions on editing or deleting posts, so make sure to review the forum rules before making any changes.

4. How do I report inappropriate content in the Feedback & Announcements forums?

If you come across any inappropriate content in the Feedback & Announcements forums, please report it to a moderator or administrator immediately. You can do this by clicking on the "Report" button located on the post in question. The moderators and administrators will review the report and take appropriate action.

5. Can I reply to other posts in the Feedback & Announcements forums?

It depends on the specific forum rules. Some forums may allow replies to posts, while others may only allow new topics to be created. Make sure to read the forum rules before attempting to reply to a post in the Feedback & Announcements forums.