Theory about Design/Torque/Structural Equilibrium

In summary, the conversation discusses various aspects of design and its relationship with torque and structural equilibrium. Design is the study of creating purposeful and aesthetically pleasing elements, while torque is the twisting force that affects the stability and strength of a design. Achieving structural equilibrium is essential in design, and it requires careful consideration of forces, loads, and material properties.
BreezyLeaf
I've been thinking about the building-design simulation, and am hoping that someone can point me toward more complete treatises/references, than this hobbyist impression.

I'm trying to develop a mathematical outline of simulated deformation physics, with the hope of eventually creating a building-design cautions via simulation program and/or plugin (long-term hope).

Here's what I've been thinking about:

page1_by_somebreezyleafg-d7wah8i.png

page2_by_somebreezyleafg-d7wah9d.png

page3_by_somebreezyleafg-d7wai2k.png

If you know of nice references of this, please let me know. Thanks for you consideration.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.
Your inserted .png file is quite unreadable and unloadable.
Try attaching a file to the post rather than inserting it.

1. What is the theory about design?

The theory about design is the study of creating and organizing elements in order to achieve a specific purpose or goal. It involves analyzing and understanding the relationship between form, function, and aesthetics in order to create a successful design.

2. What is torque?

Torque is a measure of the force that causes an object to rotate around an axis. It is calculated by multiplying the force applied by the distance from the axis of rotation. In simpler terms, torque is the twisting or turning force that is applied to an object.

3. How does torque affect design?

Torque plays a crucial role in design, especially in mechanical and structural engineering. It is a key factor in determining the stability, strength, and durability of a design. Torque must be carefully considered and accounted for in order to ensure a safe and functional design.

4. What is structural equilibrium?

Structural equilibrium is a state in which all forces acting on a structure are balanced, resulting in a stable and static structure. This means that the forces of tension, compression, and shear are all equal and cancel each other out, allowing the structure to remain in place without collapsing or deforming.

5. How is structural equilibrium achieved in design?

Achieving structural equilibrium in design involves careful planning and analysis of the forces and loads that will act on the structure. This can be done through the use of mathematical equations and computer simulations. Designers must also consider factors such as material strength and stability in order to ensure that the structure will remain in equilibrium under all expected conditions.