Register to reply

HELP! How much weight does my water rocket need?

by Jwryan0504
Tags: rocket, water, weight
Share this thread:
Jwryan0504
Apr3-14, 09:02 AM
P: 2
Hi all!
I have entered a a water rocket competition. The rockets in this competition will be launched at 60 psi. We have to launch the rockets horizontally and to hit a round landing site 100 meters(approximately 328.084 ft) away and 30 meters (approximately 98.4252 ft) wide. I am not good at physics, so can anyone help me? How much should my whole rocket should weight to hit the center of the target? And also, how much water should i fill in?
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Engineers develop new sensor to detect tiny individual nanoparticles
Tiny particles have big potential in debate over nuclear proliferation
Ray tracing and beyond
Travis_King
Apr3-14, 09:39 AM
P: 841
Horizontally, as in 0 degree inclination? or horizontally as in "some angle in the direction of the target" That's a big difference.
Jwryan0504
Apr4-14, 08:34 AM
P: 2
Sorry, I forgot to add in: the rocket must be at a 45 degree angle from the ground. Thanks!

Travis_King
Apr4-14, 09:38 AM
P: 841
HELP! How much weight does my water rocket need?

Well, what work have you completed so far?

Have you identified any useful equations?

State your knowns and unknowns, so you can visualize the problem and use what you know to develop a solution.

Register to reply