Am I still a contributor?

• Thread starter EnumaElish
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is discussing the possibility of the contributorship of EnumaElish expiring during the holiday season. It is mentioned that there may be a delay in the renewal process, and it is suggested to reach out to Greg for more information. It is also mentioned that the discounted rate for renewal ends today.
EnumaElish
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Or did it expire during the holiday season (within the past few days)?

Physics news on Phys.org
EnumaElish, your contributorship may have expired in today or during the last 24 hrs. I saw a post earlier this morning and you were still gold then. I think there may be a delay.

Something similar happened to me when my annual renewal came up. Best to PM Greg if you don't get renewed.

Did you receive an email about your contributorship coming up for renewal?

I also noticed EE went dark. :frown:

1. Am I still considered a contributor if I haven't published any research in a while?

Yes, you are still considered a contributor as long as you have made significant contributions to the scientific community in the past.

2. Can I still be a contributor if I am not affiliated with a university or research institution?

Yes, anyone who contributes to scientific knowledge through research, publications, or other means can be considered a contributor, regardless of their affiliation.

3. How can I become a contributor to the scientific community?

You can become a contributor by conducting original research, publishing your findings in reputable journals, presenting at conferences, and collaborating with other scientists.

4. Is it necessary to have a PhD or other advanced degree to be considered a contributor?

No, while having a higher degree can be helpful, it is not a requirement to be considered a contributor. As long as you make significant contributions to the scientific community, you can be considered a contributor.

5. Can I still be a contributor if my research is not widely recognized or cited by others?

Yes, recognition and citations are not the only measures of being a contributor. As long as your research adds to the current knowledge and advances the field, you can be considered a contributor.