Seeing tutorials about amplifiers

In summary, tutorials about amplifiers are useful resources for learning about the principles and functions of amplifiers, as well as how to design and troubleshoot them. These tutorials cover topics such as different types of amplifiers, their components and circuits, and techniques for optimizing their performance. They also often include practical tips and examples for beginners to help them understand the concepts better. Additionally, some tutorials may also delve into more advanced topics like amplifier distortion and noise, providing a comprehensive understanding of amplifiers for both beginners and experienced users. Overall, tutorials about amplifiers are valuable tools for anyone interested in learning about amplifiers and their applications.
Pellefant
Seeking basic tutorials about amplifiers!

Hi i am looking after some good tutorial for amplifiers, and with amplifiers i mean Inverting amplifier, noe-inverting amplifier and diffrential amplifier. I should point out that i am a new about amplifiers atm.

Kindly Pellefant ...

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
does v+ = v- under all conditions or just when the output is fedback into the + or - terminal??

TheAnalogKid83 said:
does v+ = v- under all conditions or just when the output is fedback into the + or - terminal??

An op-amp will drive its inputs to the same voltage when it is physically possible. The amplifier cannot produce higher voltages than those of its supplies. Also, it cannot it source more power than it is designed to source, or more than the power supplies can deliver.

If you wire up an op-amp without any feedback, it will generally just rail one way or another. An op-amp circuit without any feedback would be entirely pointless.

- Warren

chroot said:
An op-amp will drive its inputs to the same voltage when it is physically possible. The amplifier cannot produce higher voltages than those of its supplies. Also, it cannot it source more power than it is designed to source, or more than the power supplies can deliver.

If you wire up an op-amp without any feedback, it will generally just rail one way or another. An op-amp circuit without any feedback would be entirely pointless.

- Warren

is this because it ideally has infinite gain and its unstable with such high gain, so the feedback stabilizes it? I haven't studied opamps in a couple years, but what about a differential operation of just subtracting v- from v+, where neither one is at ground level, does this still require feedback? I think almost all of the examples I've worked on and have read in my textbook have always had one terminal grounded and it has given me a very limited idea of how to use and design circuits using opamps.

TheAnalogKid83 said:
is this because it ideally has infinite gain and its unstable with such high gain, so the feedback stabilizes it? I haven't studied opamps in a couple years, but what about a differential operation of just subtracting v- from v+, where neither one is at ground level, does this still require feedback? I think almost all of the examples I've worked on and have read in my textbook have always had one terminal grounded and it has given me a very limited idea of how to use and design circuits using opamps.

Yep, difference amps still require feedback. See, e.g. http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electronic/opampvar6.html#c1

- Warren

1. What is the purpose of an amplifier?

An amplifier is a device that increases the amplitude or power of an electrical signal. Its main purpose is to strengthen a weak signal and make it strong enough to be transmitted or heard by a device.

2. What are the different types of amplifiers?

There are several types of amplifiers, including audio amplifiers, radio frequency amplifiers, instrumentation amplifiers, and operational amplifiers. Each type is designed for a specific purpose and has its own unique characteristics.

3. How do I choose the right amplifier for my needs?

The right amplifier for you depends on your specific needs and the type of signal you want to amplify. Consider factors such as power requirements, frequency range, and input/output impedance when selecting an amplifier.

4. Can I build my own amplifier?

Yes, it is possible to build your own amplifier, but it requires a good understanding of circuitry and electronics. There are many tutorials available online that provide step-by-step instructions for building different types of amplifiers.

5. What are the common mistakes to avoid when using an amplifier?

Some common mistakes to avoid when using an amplifier include using the wrong power supply, mismatching impedance, and overdriving the amplifier. It is important to carefully read the instructions and follow proper safety precautions when using an amplifier.