Why Does Yahoo Messenger Sign Me Out When Checking Email?

• Thread starter EngWiPy
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person encountering a message that they have been signed out from Yahoo Messenger because they signed in on a different computer. They are wondering if this means their account has been compromised. Another person suggests it could be due to the mail interface and recommends changing the password as a precaution.
EngWiPy
Hello,

I always encounter with the following message that I have been signed out from yahoo messenger because I signed in in different computer. What this message means? Does this mean that my account has been compromised?

Regards

Computer science news on Phys.org
S_David said:
Hello,

I always encounter with the following message that I have been signed out from yahoo messenger because I signed in in different computer. What this message means? Does this mean that my account has been compromised?

Regards

It could mean that, yes. It could also mean somebody turned on another computer you use to access yahoo chat (if you have it set to auto-login).

I get that if I forget to log out before logging in again.

Negative, none of them happen.

Hi David.

I got the same problem while checking my e-mail, Y!'s mail interface (both the old & the new one) has some sort of limited IM applet that'll pop you out when you check your mail.

If that's not the case, the safest way is to change your password.

ketamynx said:
Hi David.

I got the same problem while checking my e-mail, Y!'s mail interface (both the old & the new one) has some sort of limited IM applet that'll pop you out when you check your mail.

If that's not the case, the safest way is to change your password.

Yes this is the case, I noticed that. Just when I check my yahoo email, I signed out automatically from the messenger.

Regards

FAQ: Why Does Yahoo Messenger Sign Me Out When Checking Email?

1. Why am I having trouble signing out of Yahoo Messenger?

There can be several reasons for this issue. It could be due to a technical glitch, outdated software, or a problem with your internet connection. It is also possible that you are signed into multiple devices, which can cause confusion with the sign-out process.

2. How can I fix the sign-out problem on Yahoo Messenger?

First, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and then restarting the app. If that doesn't work, try signing out from all devices and then logging in again. If the issue persists, make sure you have the latest version of Yahoo Messenger and check your internet connection.

3. Is there a way to force sign out of Yahoo Messenger?

Yes, you can force sign out of Yahoo Messenger by going to your account settings and selecting "Sign Out Everywhere". This will log you out of all devices and may help resolve any sign-out issues you are experiencing.

4. How do I prevent the Yahoo Messenger sign-out problem from happening again?

To prevent future sign-out problems, make sure you always log out of the app properly. Also, regularly update your software and clear your browser's cache and cookies. Additionally, try to avoid signing into multiple devices at the same time.

5. Can I contact Yahoo support for help with the sign-out problem?

Yes, you can contact Yahoo support for assistance with any sign-out problems you are experiencing. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or help resolve any technical issues that may be causing the problem.