Help would be very much appreciated please

• Thread starter bballj228
  • Start date
In summary, we need to check if the expression (u^4 + 3u + 6) tends to 16 as u approaches -2. To do this, we manipulate the expression and see that it can be written as |u+2| times another factor. If we can show that this other factor is bounded as u approaches -2, then the entire expression will tend to zero, proving that 16 is the limit. The same process can be applied to the other two problems.
bballj228
Evaluate the limit and indicate appropriate limit laws.

lim square root of u^4+3u+6
u->-2

Evaluate the limit

lim x^2+5x+4/x^2-3x-4
x->-4

Find the limit

lim t^2+2/t^3+t^2-1
t->-infinity

Please can someone help me?
Edit/Delete Message

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, let's take the first one, inserting -2 at the u's place, we get 16=2^4.

Thus, we may check whether 16 is, indeed, the limit as u tends to -2.

We therefore manipulate the expression:
[tex]|u^{4}+3u+6-16|=|(u^{4}-2^{4}+3(u+2)|=|(u^{2}+2^{2})(u-2)(u+2)+3(u+2)|=|u+2||(u^{2}+4)(u-2)|[/tex].
Thus, if you can argue for that the latter factor is bounded as u tends to -2, the factor |u+2| will ensure that the entire expression tends to zero, proving that 16, indeed, is the limit of the given expression.

Related to Help would be very much appreciated please

1. How can I ask for help in a more effective way?

When asking for help, it's important to be clear and specific about what you need assistance with. State the problem or question clearly and provide any relevant information or context. Also, be polite and respectful in your request.

2. Why is it important to ask for help?

Asking for help is important because it allows us to learn from others and gain different perspectives. It also helps us to overcome challenges and achieve our goals more efficiently.

3. How can I find someone to help me?

There are many ways to find someone to help you, such as reaching out to friends, family, or colleagues, joining online communities or forums related to your topic, or seeking assistance from a professional or expert in the field.

4. How do I know if the help I receive is reliable?

It's important to critically evaluate the help you receive to ensure its reliability. Look for evidence or sources to support the information provided, and consider the credibility and expertise of the person offering help. You can also do your own research to verify the information.

5. How can I show my gratitude to someone who helps me?

Showing gratitude is important when someone helps you. You can express your thanks verbally, through a handwritten note, or by doing something nice for the person. Remember to also pay it forward and help others in need when you are able to.