Fully Aquatic Engine prototype problem

In summary, the individual is trying to build a Hydrogen Engine prototype that would not need outside air to burn back into water. This would theoretically allow the engine to run underwater for long periods of time without using extra air. However, there are issues with using a 24V system and converting it to split atoms with 300w. The individual only has one possible solution, which involves running at a lower power level, but they want the process to be fast.
91AFoust
I want to know how you can turn down the amps and crank up the volts from any car battery. This is what I am going to use to slit Hydrogen and oxygen from water. (H2O) Also converting the O1 into O2. I believe a system that uses around 300w can produce the most hydrogen. Correct me if I am wrong.

I am trying to build a Hydrogen Engine prototype that would not need outside air to burn back into water. This type of engine would theoretically be able to run underwater for long periods of time without using the extra air, and saving space.

The problem is using a 24V system but converting it at last second to split the atoms with around 300w, and a normal car battery has around 200-1000 amps. I need around 12.5A.

I only have one possible solution and that is to run it at 1.5-.3 to keep with in 300w, but I also want it made fast.

Science news on Phys.org
91AFoust said:
I want to know how you can turn down the amps and crank up the volts from any car battery. This is what I am going to use to slit Hydrogen and oxygen from water. (H2O) Also converting the O1 into O2. I believe a system that uses around 300w can produce the most hydrogen. Correct me if I am wrong.

I am trying to build a Hydrogen Engine prototype that would not need outside air to burn back into water. This type of engine would theoretically be able to run underwater for long periods of time without using the extra air, and saving space.

The problem is using a 24V system but converting it at last second to split the atoms with around 300w, and a normal car battery has around 200-1000 amps. I need around 12.5A.

I only have one possible solution and that is to run it at 1.5-.3 to keep with in 300w, but I also want it made fast.

Welcome to the PF.

Unfortunately your post makes no sense. You are mixing electrical units, and don't seem to understand yet how batteries and power converters work.

Are you saying that you will have a battery-powered submersible vehicle, and you want to use electrolysis to make H2 and O2, and then combine them in a combustion process in an internal combustion engine of some kind?

Why not just power the submersible directly with an electric motor powered by the battery? That will be more efficient, and much simpler.

A hydrogen engine only makes sense if you make the hydrogen somewhere else and then use it as a source of fuel for the submersible. Making it onboard is simply a waste of power, as you can simply use the electricity to run an electric motor much more efficiently.

1. What is a Fully Aquatic Engine prototype?

The Fully Aquatic Engine prototype is a machine designed to operate underwater, using a combination of mechanical and electrical components. It is meant to mimic the movement and propulsion of aquatic animals such as fish or dolphins.

2. What is the problem with the prototype?

The problem with the prototype is that it has not yet been successfully tested and proven to be fully functional. There have been challenges in creating a design that can effectively operate underwater and meet the desired performance goals.

3. What are the potential applications of the Fully Aquatic Engine prototype?

The Fully Aquatic Engine prototype has the potential to be used for various purposes, such as underwater exploration, search and rescue missions, and military operations. It could also have commercial applications in industries such as marine transportation and offshore energy production.

4. What is being done to address the issues with the prototype?

Scientists and engineers are continuously working to improve the design and functionality of the Fully Aquatic Engine prototype. They are conducting experiments and simulations to identify and address any flaws or limitations in the current design.

5. When can we expect to see a fully functional Fully Aquatic Engine prototype?

It is difficult to predict an exact timeline for when a fully functional prototype will be available. However, with ongoing advancements in technology and continued research and development, it is possible that a functional version may be created in the near future.