Loking for Gear Motor Sources

In summary, the conversation revolved around finding a gear motor for a low budget project with specific specifications of 110v voltage (or 12v if the price is right), 15-20 RPM, 100 inlb torque, and a preference for quiet operation and reversibility. Additionally, a soft start and stop feature and built-in rotation tracking capability were mentioned as bonuses. The conversation suggested searching for surplus gear motors from various sources depending on location.
Mopar_Mudder
I am looking for somewhere to get a gear motor for a very low budget project, specs as follow:

Voltage = prefer 110v, could be 12 if the price is right
RPM = 15-20
Torque = 100 inlb
Quiet as possible
Reversible

Something else that would be a bonus:
Soft start and stop, gradual start up so it is not an abrupt shock when it kicks in
I have to beable to track the rotation of the motor so I can program various start and stop points. I have another method of doing this but something built into the motor would be far easier.

Engineering news on Phys.org

1. Where can I find reliable gear motor suppliers?

There are several ways to find reliable gear motor suppliers. You can search online for industrial suppliers or manufacturers, attend trade shows or conferences in your industry, or ask for recommendations from colleagues or industry experts.

2. What factors should I consider when choosing a gear motor supplier?

When choosing a gear motor supplier, you should consider factors such as the quality and reliability of their products, their customer service and support, their pricing, and their delivery times. It's also important to consider their experience and reputation in the industry.

3. What types of gear motors are available?

There are several types of gear motors available, including worm gear motors, planetary gear motors, spur gear motors, and helical gear motors. Each type has its own unique characteristics and is suitable for different applications.

4. How do I know which gear motor is right for my application?

To determine which gear motor is right for your application, you should consider factors such as the required torque and speed, the available space for the motor, the environment in which it will be used, and any special requirements or features needed for your specific application.

5. Can I customize a gear motor to fit my specific needs?

Yes, many gear motor suppliers offer customization options to meet the specific needs of their customers. This can include modifications to the motor's size, torque, speed, or mounting options. Be sure to discuss your requirements with the supplier to see if they can accommodate your needs.